• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Switching from Cat??

1rarel78

Feb 29, 2008
Spokane WA
Hey guy's and possibly gals. Might jump ship after almost 10 yrs.my rideing buddy bought a 08 doo new an d had serious issues. The thing woud just not get on the snow! I noticed in the deep snow challange that this seems to be an ongoing issue. Thoughts, is it just a suspention adjustment? Thanks. All my buds have went pro,just don't trust them with the issues they have had.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
What green said.

I'll admit, track for track, they tend to trench a bit more, but if you're going from a 53 cat to a 54 doo... there's more track anyhow. Personally I think it's because we're used to the PC which packs the snow better, or how soft the pro track is, where the doo track is a bit stiffer.

Either way... I bit. I hate the PC, just can't stand the thing, and I took a ride on the XM & felt more at home on a sled I usually can't stand riding, in about an hour. The XM is worth making the jump imo.

1rarel78

Feb 29, 2008
Spokane WA
Forgot to mention. I am on a 162 now, but am thinking about dropping down to 153,154 or 155. Does not seem we get the deep pow as much as we used to. Al Gore has convenced me it's global warming.LOL,What a dick!

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
The '08 XP had the excessively ported track. Just putting a Camo 2.5 on there made it much better. The Pro track is soft and no doubt it is superior in the fluff, where the Doo (XM) track is a better all-around track for most conditions. And yes, suspension setup is HUGE in how they handle and get around. The majority of XP's were setup goofy and made them worse than they really were. The XM is a bit easier to handle, more forgiving.

Premium Features