• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Altitude compensator

C
Dec 7, 2011
I am wondering if it is smart or not to take the altitude adjuster off my sons 1999 700 Ski doo. The hoses keep falling off even after changing them all out. Is it feasible to run without all this extra junk on it. Do I plug the openings coming out of the carb as I guess it will create a lean condition if left open. Hoping someone has some help for me.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
It can be done...like you said plug the lines and cap the nipples and jet down appropriatly. It is jetted for sea-level at -20 so you can likely jet leaner...just make some careful plug checks.
The DPM should work very good and hoses need to fit tight for it to work properly. Maybe wrong hoses or they need to be zip-tied?? That would be my choice and less work.

C
Dec 7, 2011
Hoses

I did try changing out the hoses. The sizes that the dealer carries now, and that they claim are right, do not fit well. That is why I think I want to just take it off. I guess I can try some different source for hose.

S

skidoorulz

Nov 21, 2007
Billings Montana
Get the smallest zip ties you can find and zip tie everything. Sure would be a lot easier than plugging everything and a lot cheaper than a burn down if you don't get the jetting right.

C
Dec 7, 2011
Altitude Comp

Well I did like people suggested and changed to smaller lines that fit well. Fired up, ran well for a couple minutes and then gas started coming up the tubes to the compensator manifold. It has never done this before. Any new suggestions?

Premium Features