• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Left Handed Throttle

Aug 26, 2012
Has anyone tried to install a left hand throttle in a 2013 X yet? I tried to put my Goldfinger on that I took off my Cat from last yea but it wont fit. Any body have any luck?

D

dcturbo

Mar 2, 2008
WYO
You don't need them. Learn to ride with out it. They teach bad habits IMO. I had one for my 12 year old boy for one season then took it off. He is a better rider without it.

Aug 26, 2012
You don't need them. Learn to ride with out it. They teach bad habits IMO. I had one for my 12 year old boy for one season then took it off. He is a better rider without it.

I didn't ask for an opinoin about them I asked if anyone has installed one yet. I have been riding for over 20 years and have had one for the last 2 and will never look back.

R

rad

Nov 28, 2008
Left Hand Throttle on 2013 xm

I put two on this morning. The trouble your having with the one off the cat is the metal that goes on the throttle from your cat is the wrong one it needs to be for youd xm. The hole in the metal for the cat is too small for the xm.

Aug 26, 2012
I put two on this morning. The trouble your having with the one off the cat is the metal that goes on the throttle from your cat is the wrong one it needs to be for youd xm. The hole in the metal for the cat is too small for the xm.[/QUOT

Came across that problem and just drilled out the hole. I had it all on there and hooked up but I'm not sure if my cable is to short or if I'm positioning the metal piece wrong, I can't remember how it was on last year. Would it be possible for you to post a pic?

R

rad

Nov 28, 2008
left hand throttle on xm

I'll try to post a picture tomorrow

B
Oct 3, 2011
Bellingham
if you need a left handed throttle to side hill an XM...you probable should not have bought one. Is that not one of the big selling points behind it? that its the easiest mountain riding sled out there.... Which i agree with!

M
Dec 23, 2010
Lefty throttles aren't for sidehilling. They're for when you've f***ed up and the sled is about to fall off the earth. You just hang your butt in the snow and around you go. As the saying goes, I need all the unfair advantage I can get. Also, long cold rides out, you can switch hands. I have a tether.

NoSoup4U

Lifetime Membership
Dec 9, 2009
Northern Utah
I put on the snobunje left hand throttle went on really easy.
X2 on snobuje. For those who say you don't need a lefty, good for you. But for me when I ride the thick stuff in set-up snow where pulling it up on one ski isn't even possible without launching into a tree, I'm glad I've got my lefty.

Aug 26, 2012
A lot of you guys out there seem to love to give opinions on questions that aren't being asked. Thank you to those of you that did give some advice to the question at hand though. Anybody else have any advice or pics as to what i might be doing wrong with the install?

P
Dec 1, 2007
Here is a link to the Full Throttle website instructions for the Goldfinger installation on Late Model Ski-doos. Hope this helps.
I have been installing them I my Doos for years and love them. The compact design is great and very safe.

/fullthrottleinc.com/support/Snow/skidoo_late.pdf

347strokin

Sep 1, 2008
Peachland, BC
Hahaha

Love the guys who tell you what you prefer. Or how good of riders they are. Start your own thread for that crap.

It's the same when you're asking about a riser. The 5'2" guys will tell you about how you just don't know how to ride, even when you're 6'5". Get a life boys. Toot your own horn elsewhere.

Premium Features