• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

another shaft failure

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
I think its pretty safe to say thats its not a small batch of driveshafts that were glued together wrong that are failing seeing that le's, standard blacks, 155s and 163s are all breaking.

bosssho

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2010
Bought my Collar Braces today...Insurance if any, and piece of mind to know I did what I could.:face-icon-small-hap

Poo better come out from under the proverbial rock it's hiding under and MAN up and do the right thing fast b/f someone really gets hurt or stranded.

The LAST thing any of us needs is someone making an updated version of that poor CAT dude with his 144" 1M nightmare....:jaw::bounce::face-icon-small-ton:face-icon-small-coo

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
I spent 10 years in the adhesive business, we built the equipment that dispense the 2 part adhesive and kept the mix ratio for proper bonding. If the adhesive is still soft (not knowing the exact adhesive) it most likely is a result of an off ratio situation. Depending on who is bonding this for Polaris will depend on their quality program. If they don't do a ratio check on a regular basis they won't catch it until it's too late. If the glue is hard and failures are occurring it's due to improper prep of the surface.

We've built equipment that bonded Corvettes, Mustangs, bowling balls, the entire Kenworth T2000 truck together. I've seen plenty of failures and it can only be a result of 3 things. 1. Wrong product for the job 2. Off ratio 3. Improper prep of the parts.

Sucks for sure.

M

McTwist700

Dec 2, 2010
Whitehorse Yukon
Talked to a friend of mine today and his driveshaft broke last weekend first failure up here.

From the pictures I have seen I wouldn't trust any of them with the way it is built. Hopefully Polaris addresses the issue and takes care of all you guys that have had them break. Surprised there isn't even a press release from corporate at least stating that there was a bad batch of driveshafts.

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
Talked to a friend of mine today and his driveshaft broke last weekend first failure up here.

From the pictures I have seen I wouldn't trust any of them with the way it is built. Hopefully Polaris addresses the issue and takes care of all you guys that have had them break. Surprised there isn't even a press release from corporate at least stating that there was a bad batch of driveshafts.

They haven't even said anything to their dealers yet.

C
Nov 11, 2012
bigdave said:
Just that...How long will it take Polaris to figure out there is a problem. That glua all over my sled and i ride HARD...Just what my wife want to hear...Your man is dead becouse polaris delivered a POS AND HE DIED BECOUSE SOMETHING FAILED...Who is going to tell my 2 year old the same and take care of the two of them

Wow. That's a bit extreme. These threads are getting ridiculous. But this one topped it off!

Posted from Snowestonline.com App for Android

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
There's a lot that goes into doing a recall, update, whatever. Everyone is getting their panties all twisted up when reality is polaris is still likely determining or trying to determine the scope and root cause of the problem. A fix/recall is an expensive proposition in parts, dealership shop time, negative impact to brand and reputation, lost sales/revenue, market share, etc.... So if anyone thinks polaris isn't stepping up, they will in due time. It sounds worse saying "we have a problem but no clue how many or what the problem and cause is" vs just keeping quiet until they provide a complete analysis and solution to the problem.

I'd be pissed too if I could ride and my brand new sled broke. Who wouldn't be? Fact is polaris is working on it so give them time.

A

anziconda

Dec 10, 2007
There's a lot that goes into doing a recall, update, whatever. Everyone is getting their panties all twisted up when reality is polaris is still likely determining or trying to determine the scope and root cause of the problem. A fix/recall is an expensive proposition in parts, dealership shop time, negative impact to brand and reputation, lost sales/revenue, market share, etc.... So if anyone thinks polaris isn't stepping up, they will in due time. It sounds worse saying "we have a problem but no clue how many or what the problem and cause is" vs just keeping quiet until they provide a complete analysis and solution to the problem.

I'd be pissed too if I could ride and my brand new sled broke. Who wouldn't be? Fact is polaris is working on it so give them time.

Do we wait for someone to be killed?!? There is obviously a problem and waiting on a safety issue for small specifics is b.s. IMO.

G
Jan 21, 2008
Wabush NL, Canada
So my friend wrote me back after dropping the sled off at the dealer. They told him that a new drive shaft will be out on dec 14th and they will put that in for him. They are also going to replace his track because it has a small mark on it and he can keep that one for a spare. Anyone else heard about this fix?

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
It is bs. Totally agree. All I'm trying to say is there's more to it than just making a statement or quick recall.

S

snowyo

Dec 11, 2007
BC
Well i was gonna,But Glad i didn't....wait that's the other thread right...wow is all i can say.Even if you haven't had one go for a ****ter..it's gotta be dancing around in the brain on that full pull.

F

Flygti32

Dec 5, 2011
lbert, SK Canda
So little update on the pics i started this thread with. Customers 800 pro was fixed for him last friday. They canabilized a 2013 600 pro rmk from dealer inventory and put that shaft into the 800. The dealer cannot get a shaft from Polaris at all! and are pretty tight lipped on what they are up too right now.

Premium Features