• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

how do i remove drivers

lifegiver

Lifetime Membership
May 29, 2012
yakima,wa
hi all, I have a 04 1m mc 900. I am putting anti slip drivers on from slp. How do I remove the old drivers is there a puller or dose this need to go to a shop and be pressed off and on? and any input on how to line the no slips onto the drivers would be great thanks

Meatman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
to pull off, rubber mallet grease and an 18 pack of your choice...need a press to put on, the drivers should have come with specs if not, you can call SLP and get the measurements

01ZRTCAT

Mar 12, 2010
I recommend you buy a KK one that has them already if you have to pay labor it is cheaper. It is a fun job.

X2 .....I bought a KK loaded drive shaft, 2 wheels were off 1/4" , I had to bring it to the machine shop with the big hydraulic press, takes more time to set up, than the actual job!

lifegiver

Lifetime Membership
May 29, 2012
yakima,wa
thanks guys for the feedback. I found my local shop had a press and they let me use it. yes even with a press it was not fun and caculating the messurements was a pain. but after a few drinks and talking dirty to it we got it done. thanks for the help

Premium Features