• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snowmobiling in Closed Areas

W
Nov 2, 2001
Boise, Id
One of the things I've noticed, is that skiers have all this wilderness they can use, but refuse to pay to develop access to it. Or, they just refuse to drive to where the Wilderness is. They want Mc-Wilderness. Close to town, and 5 feet from their car door.

One of best ways to solve this problem would be to help skiers get access to the Wilderness areas in winter. IMO

O
Dec 6, 2007
One of the things I've noticed, is that skiers have all this wilderness they can use, but refuse to pay to develop access to it. Or, they just refuse to drive to where the Wilderness is. They want Mc-Wilderness. Close to town, and 5 feet from their car door.

One of best ways to solve this problem would be to help skiers get access to the Wilderness areas in winter. IMO

We do help, those turkeys are ALWAYS in my tracks when I come back though:D Once the war started, I stopped travelling in a straight line through the access corridors, always carving a turn...they still used my tracks.

So very true though.

S

sldgy

The one real problem with democracy is that 51% of the people can tell the other 49% what to do. Tyranny of the masses. The more voters that the scofflaws sway to the other side, the easier it is for the enviros to pass laws in their favor. Upset disinterested people enough and they suddenly become interested.
The greenies love to wave pictures of sledders blantantly disregarding the law. One that circulated in this area for a while was a sledder flipping the bird at a boundry sign as he rode past it. Kind of hard to counter that kind of juvenial behavior. I can't confirm it but I heard that it was pulled from a sledding forum. They get a lot of mileage out of acts like that.

Can I get royalties from them for using the picture of my finger? ;)

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
One of the things I've noticed, is that skiers have all this wilderness they can use, but refuse to pay to develop access to it. Or, they just refuse to drive to where the Wilderness is. They want Mc-Wilderness. Close to town, and 5 feet from their car door
thats true.they closed thousands of acres near a favorite snowpark last year for skiers only and i have noticed that there is never ski tracks in there.what a waste.but the mc- xc skiers sure do love the groomed sled trails though.

Last edited:
O
Dec 6, 2007
We gave up a section here as well. It really was of no use to sledders anyway. The skiers just loved posting those signs that have a sled and the red circle and slash through it. I haven't seen any ski tracks in there since it was closed.

Premium Features