• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

considering turbo v3

T

taylorbok

Nov 10, 2008
I know its kind of a weird thing to say at this point but I would rather just buy the kit from twister, the proper length would be nice tho.

T

taylorbok

Nov 10, 2008
turbo-6.jpg

this is from last night get more work done tonight hopefully

T

taylorbok

Nov 10, 2008
the sled breathes again, shoul have taken some pics and videos but never did maybe another day.

just wondering does my oil tank need a vent in it?

B

badass1000

Nov 27, 2007
Meridian, ID
Maybee you mentioned it and I missed it. butt..

Is that a slp head? Are you runing it with the turbo? did you have the domes recut? who did it?

I have ben runing mine with stock domes/stock head. It seems to run pretty good. I have ben thinking of trying a different head. Don't know if a aftermarket head would cool any better then the stock one.

T

taylorbok

Nov 10, 2008
Oil tank is baffled and has an antispill valve,

yes it's an slp head with stock compression domes, we will see how it works, on the way to revy as I type here,

still wondering if I need a vent in oil tank tho

T

taylorbok

Nov 10, 2008
I had my first day yesterday it pulled awesome, trenched pretty good seeing as how there is 4ft of bottomless powder, It was running about 6 psi then turned it up to about 8 and started to get some run on? Does this mean my bov is not activating? I can't hear it at all but on the track stand with no panel I could see the bov move but can't hear it when I let off from wot

The exhaust isn't to loud.

S

swrev

Jun 26, 2008
Lewistown, MT
I rarely hear mine. I leave mine adjusted so I get a little run on when there is not much load on the track and grab the brake if needed. I prefer it that way for boondocking, seems to regain boost faster when off/on throttle. I ride so much either on the throttle or on the brake that I don't notice it.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Taylorbok when you started this thread a few months ago I thought your were completely full of crap. It just looked and sounded like you had bitten off more than you could chew. I have quietly watched your build thread and I have to say.......... BRAVO! You have done an amazing job putting this all together, the workmanship looks really nice. I am so impressed by people who can fab stuff like you. I hope your tuning goes as well. Good luck!

T

taylorbok

Nov 10, 2008
thanks alot, the sled ran great all weekend, it was a little different ridding style it was a tad rich but still running really good, I never saw over 1080* on the egt's, I need to order a reverse cut helix but mechanically it ran awesome, way more power than before, it changes a guys riding style a touch,

I do how ever want to figure out my run on its kind of annoying I rid alot of on off throttle in the trees and when I dump the throttle I want it to be off, anyone have any ideas

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
take the spring out of your Blow off valve and try that, may help???, will make it more responsive i would think

T

taylorbok

Nov 10, 2008
no spring will push the bov open all the time no? I cut down my bov spring so it has barely any tension, it flutters a touch at idle, I think I cut it down to much.

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
no spring will push the bov open all the time no? I cut down my bov spring so it has barely any tension, it flutters a touch at idle, I think I cut it down to much.

well i was told as long as its 1:1 it should be fine, just means its going to more sensitive to air pressure changes.... so it should and will open sooner when you start letting off the throttle, and fluttering at idle i am told is normal, means its trying to build a bit more air pressure then its taking in...,

but give it a try... take your spring out and carry it with you when you go out, and if you dont like it then pop that spring back in, i would think it should solve the run on?

B

badass1000

Nov 27, 2007
Meridian, ID
on my turbo xp with tial Q BOV. I got the lightest spring tial made. 6psi spring. it still had run on. Let off the gas and the sled still wanted to go for a little bit. some situations I would have to hit the brakes to get it to stop. I tried cutting a couple rings off the tial 6psi spring and it worked better.
I can't remember if tial makes it. it was not listed on their website at the time, but I got a 3psi pink spring. it works great now.
I don't see how some run without a bov. Mine had run on with a bov and too stiff of a spring.

Premium Features