• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

XP Turbo Build

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
weird.. so you never actually took it apart??? sorry, just want to make sure you didnt do something sill and not actually take the stinger out.

H

Holomis International

Nov 29, 2008
www.holomis.com
weird.. so you never actually took it apart??? sorry, just want to make sure you didnt do something sill and not actually take the stinger out.

Oh no problem I rather you be persistent.

I never actually opened it my self, but when I put a measuring tape in from either end of the pipe I can put it all the way in until the pipe curves.

Nothing stops it, am I correct in assuming the stinger is removed?

Jeff

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
no, it should slide all the way in, nothing will stop it from going in. the i wish i had taken pictures of my buddies when we took it apart. the 2" diameter outlet portion of the pipe just extends into the chamber about 10".. it doesnt block anything, it just floats in there., it does curve slightly when inside the main pipe.

if you take a flashlight and try to look into the piper from the outlet, you will notice you cant see the pipe getting larger inside, it maintains the small diameter... also, you can put a light in from the y-pipe end and then you can see if its still there. its rather obvious when looking in the outlet end thought as instead of after a few inches being able to see the pipe get fatter(chamber) it just keeps going in at 2" diam an turning.

that weld actually looks like a normal weld on that seem on an XP pipe in the center.

i hate to be nagging, but its such a weird thing, and until you see it its hard to wrap your head around.

H

Holomis International

Nov 29, 2008
www.holomis.com
Ok guys, well I got 20 mins to take a breather today so I decided to cut that dreadful stinger out of the stock pipe and thought I would share some photo's, to clear the process up. Once I had a look at the pipe it I finally understood the things you guys were explaining. I ended up cut right close to the weld, then pulled the stinger out until the flare, then cut it and dropped the flared portion out as explained earlier in this post!

Hopefully this will help some others understand the process, it is really very easy, the most difficult part is welding the perimeter of the pipe after, we just laid it on goopy and thick, it ain't pretty but it isn't going to blow out either.

Thanks for all the tips on this guys!

Jeff

DSCF5570.jpg DSCF5571.jpg DSCF5575.jpg DSCF5577.jpg DSCF5578.jpg DSCF5579.jpg DSCF5581.jpg DSCF5584.jpg DSCF5585.jpg

H

Holomis International

Nov 29, 2008
www.holomis.com
glad to see that thing out of there!!

i love the seam coverage.. nice and thick!!

Ya it was a piece of cake to take out, thanks largely in part to your direction!

I started TIG welding the seam and then said to heck with that and just buzzed it on heavy with the mig. Not near as pretty, but will do the job, especially under heat wrap!

Thanks again

Jeff

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Ya it was a piece of cake to take out, thanks largely in part to your direction!

I started TIG welding the seam and then said to heck with that and just buzzed it on heavy with the mig. Not near as pretty, but will do the job, especially under heat wrap!

Thanks again

Jeff
yeah, i knew you would want it out, and didnt want you to skip over it because you didnt know better.

as for the welding.. theres a reason i said bust out the mig!! its so tedious. i would have shot myself if i had to tig the whole thing!!!

Premium Features