• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

iqr driveshaft ????

S
Apr 17, 2009
northern minnesota
i need a 2.86 pitch drive shaft setup for my iqr but want to keep my 2.52 setup complete so i can change tracks easily.

so the question is - what other driveshafts from other models will work on the iqr? can i take a new style hollow spline 2.86 pitch assault shaft and fit it in my iqr?

thanks for any and all advice i can get.

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
Check with Fastrax. I know they are making drive shafts solid driveshaft for the iq rmks in what ever driver combo you want. They have also built alot of iqrs as well so I would assume that they have something for you.

B
Nov 26, 2007
Salt Lake City
Drive shaft

I am not sure how wide your tunnel is but I believe it is the same as the edge. If that is the case, Polaris used the tube style driver on some of the 04 ProXRs. They had the 2.52 drivers on them. I have one in my 03 ProX. If it is shorter then you can use the one off a 05-06 900. They are shorter than the edge and still have the 2.52 drivers.

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
i've heard the 04 prox would work as. i can tell you from experience that the 06 600 will NOT work; it's .5" too narrow.

The Bob

Premium Member
Mar 1, 2008
MN
Pro-X hollow shaft

I had a Polaris Pro-X hollow shaft like you are referring to, it was too long for the IQR tunnels, you could of possibly machined it down a tad. I tried it on my first IQR build a couple years ago, so I can't remember how long too long was.

Premium Features