• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need advice about skid and track

T
Nov 29, 2008
I have an 01 800 Renegade stretched to 151 and I'm looking to put a mountain skid and a new track in. Something used and fair priced. I think I have a lead on an 08 Polaris Dragon 155" skid and track and am wondering if this would be a good sinario. I've read all the pros of the Powerclaw and the Camo Extreme, but would like to get some feedback on the Polaris track. Not sure what it's called, but it's the stock 08 800 Dragon 155 track. Also what are your opinions on 16" vs 15". Any help would be greatly appreciated.

chumbilly1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
skid and track

I have a 159" ski doo skid that is priced right at $300. Pair that with a series 4 159 from tracks usa for 419$ and you have a set-up that will spank a series 5.1 in most conditions. 5.1 does not brake well at all! And its powder performance is disputed as well. If u have the $ buy the chall extreme!

chumbilly1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
!clearance clarence!

Also your 01 does not have clearance for a 2.4, 2.25 tops, dont drop your drivers to a 8t or what ever it would take to fit a 2.4" track not worth it.

T
Nov 29, 2008
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am definately interested in your skid. What year sled did it come from and what kind of condition is it in? Where are you located? Thanks for the advice on the polaris track. Also what is your opinion on 15" vs 16".

chumbilly1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
Skid is from a 03 x package summit. It is in real good shape. I am in central washington. Idont think you can put a 16 in a zx chassis but I dont think the wider track helps much. It is the length that controls transfer and in turn trenching less. Also I have a set of shocks and some of the control arms and tie rods from a mxzx racer (03) that would fit your sled and improve your front suspension. They are like new and have the piggyback resivoirs and dual rate springs. They are too long for the summits but work sweet on the wider front ends. I would sell cheap. Package deal!

T
Nov 29, 2008
Hey Chumbilly1. I am still interested in your skid and am wondering if it still for sale? Would you be willing to take $250 for it? Money is a bit tight right now so I will have to pass on the front shocks but will keep them in mind for a later date.

S
Mar 12, 2009
I have put a 16 inch track on my 2000 summit. It is a tight fit. The track came off an 07 summit X 144. I orginally had a 136 but decided that I needed to go bigger in the mountains. We did the math and the contact patch is larger with a 16 inch 144 than a 15 inch 151. I used my 136 skid and just moved it down and back which also helps improve the attack angle. I noticed a huge difference with mine, alot more floatation. I have 10 tooth drivers in the front but you need a drop and roll or smaller drivers in the front to give yourself clearence.

D
Oct 13, 2008
Ran a 16x162x2.5 on my 01 zx. Had kinetic drop and roll plus their relocation kit which moved the suspension down about 3/4" and back around 4". Been a while can't remember exact measurements but it worked awsome. You have to grind the chaincase bolts about 1/2 way off and some rivets too but it is not that bad and daffinately worth it. Need 7 tooth drivers and some clutching- gearing and it will amaze you. the 996 that came later made a diff tooooooo! :):):)

Premium Features