• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone do a 16 front end on a 12?

C
Feb 7, 2010
NE WA
U need to find 16.5in center to center front shocks, the spacers in the 16 kits are for the 13-15 38 front ends. Other than that direct bolt on and it's worth it, I did my 12 and had to learn how to ride it again. Makes that 1100 feel like it lost 60 lbs lol.

J
Yeah i have a 16 front end on my 14 m8000 it makes a huge difference .

The reason I ask is the a arm bolts and bushings are bigger on 12 and wasn't sure if tue ones in the kit fit or not ....i know about the shocks

blackjack85335

Lifetime Membership
Jan 2, 2008
36" kit

Not sure about spindles having much difference but I'm having a 36" barcode kit installed on my M1100 next week and we're using the stock 12 spindles instead of going with 16 spindles for $400+ more. I have a 38" kit now and was told the difference between a 38 and 36 is the same as going 40 to 38. Difference between barcode and cats kit is barcode moves the spindles forward 5" compared to stock. It lengthens the overall wheelbase if you will of the sled. In turn it's suppose to make it easier to initiate a sidehill. As soon as I get my kit I'll post my findings. I'm also going with raptor shocks up front instead of stock float 2's.

R

ReaperMotorsports

Mar 19, 2009
Mantorville, Minnesota
Last month I installed the 365 Barcode Front End on my 1100 with the new 16 spindles. All in all it went together pretty good. Few minor things during assembly that I tweaked to my liking and had to do some major thinking on how to mount the shock to the upper mount on the left side due to there being a turbo right there on that side compared to the 800s and vipers that dont have anything there to begin with. So after some time on the computer and some fabrication work I designed a new upper shock mount to fit in the tight area left just behind the turbo that mounts to the original shock mount and also ties into other areas of the front end so it wouldn't fold right up all while keeping it able to rotate freely throughout the stroke of the shock. After all that I was excited to try it out. On the floor it felt completely different than it did before at 38". Lays over alot easier and out riding with it was a blast. Alittle learning curve to see how it was going to react. I sure didn't have to work it nearly as hard as before and wont be going back. When I get some time I will be jigging up my upper shock mount for anyone that wants one on there 1100.

Barcode

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Sep 8, 2008
Its a super super nice piece!! Ive seen pictures.

Glad everyones enjoying the kit. Were super proud of it.

Cheers

Allan

blackjack85335

Lifetime Membership
Jan 2, 2008
pics soon

I have the barcode front end on my 12 M1100. I'll post pics next week with the new raptor shocks. Looking forward to my first ride with the new front end as well as my first ride of the season. Lack of snow this winter and break downs have prevented me from getting any riding in yet this season. Going to ride every chance I get until the snows gone. Going to put the front end to the test every ride. I'll report back after I get some time on it.

blackjack85335

Lifetime Membership
Jan 2, 2008
kit update

Just spoke with dealer my who installed my kit and my raptor shocks won't work with the barcode front end. Upper a-arm is hitting the coil using the bracket from reaper. Tried mounting the shock upside down but still kits the coil. Dealer offered to sell me a factory 36 front end so I could use the raptor shocks but that defeats the purpose of the barcode kit. Solution is I'm going to send my factory float 2's out and have them shortened and revalved to my weight when I get the sled back next week. Not sure if an air shock with a mounted reservoir will clear the a-arm on the left side. Going to look into it more and will post my finding. Reapers bracket is a thing of beauty. Without his bracket I'm not sure if this kit will fit an m1100 . Either way I'm going to make the barcode kit work. Looks like I'll have a nice set of raptor shocks that fits a 38" front end for sale if anyone is interested. Pm me for info. Thanks.

Premium Features