• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ordering from skinz

D
Jan 6, 2011
Has anybody had any luck ordering from skinz. I ordered some running boards and side panels and was told it would take three weeks, called to check on my order after three weeks and was given the run around, and no idea when my order would ship(is costumer service dead)?

Bendy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2009
Spirit River, AB Canada
I read somewhere(maybe their website), if you ordered the narrow boards and panels from Skinz, it would be months before you got them. Like end of the season months. That and price turned me off!

R
Nov 19, 2017
Not sure whats going on there. The two big suppliers are out of cat bumpers.they show on the website so I had my powersports rep call to see if he could buy direct and hasn't gotten a call back.
I will soon be looking at other brands I guess :juggle:

dansvan

Premium Member
Apr 14, 2011
I don't know if this is the reason, but I have been working most of the summer on getting some parts from Skinz. Finally they are on the way, and I was told they have been moving their entire operation to Arizona.

J
Jun 13, 2009
Hailey, Idaho
Pretty common problem with Skinz. If you want to order their products do it from another re seller as they will be straight up with what they have in stock and how long ... skinz does not seem to be able to accomplish this small feat of customer service :face-icon-small-dis

R
Nov 19, 2017
Pretty common problem with Skinz. If you want to order their products do it from another re seller as they will be straight up with what they have in stock and how long ... skinz does not seem to be able to accomplish this small feat of customer service :face-icon-small-dis

confirms my thought I will just buy from someone else.....

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
What they all said. Only way I’ve had any luck is thru RACINSTATION. He got me Skinz stuff when all else failed. Skinz is a great engineering company but a HORRIBLE manufacturing company.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Yeah they never have anything in stock, very tough to get anything. They are moving or did move to Arizona to a bigger facility I believe, hopefully that will fix some things.

I would definitely go through BM fab for boards and bumpers. Quality is much better (doesnt get better actually) and seems like they typically have things in stock, if not they will be straight up with you on a timeline.

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
Skinz moved their operation from MN to AZ over the summer and it has caused major back ups. They made the move to increase production but many unforeseen set backs pushed to far into the season and here we sit. They don't want this, nor do we but it is what it is. Skinz products are worth the wait ALWAYS and next season I think there will be zero issues getting product. I am confident that those who have orders in with whoever will get the product but it all depends on what IF they ordered early.

Thanks to all of those who understand and are being patient. Nothing any of us can do but give them the space to build the product we all are waiting on.

As for post forward kits we've only had one ship this whole season but as they are completed they will be shipping to customers in order of when they were placed. The oldest order we have is from September but hopefully when they're done we get enough to fill all orders.

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
Yeah they never have anything in stock, very tough to get anything. They are moving or did move to Arizona to a bigger facility I believe, hopefully that will fix some things.

I would definitely go through BM fab for boards and bumpers. Quality is much better (doesnt get better actually) and seems like they typically have things in stock, if not they will be straight up with you on a timeline.

Skinz is a manufacture with distribution, they prefer customers buying from dealers so they can build the product. People think that if they buy from them direct they'll get it faster but in reality they build to order and distributors put orders in a year in advance. Just something to think about the next time you want to buy something Skinz.

Premium Features