• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Silber Kit with BOV

K
Nov 13, 2013
Squamish BC
Hey gents, i just threw a BOV on my alpha with a silber, anyone with one know what setting works at which psi? obv its hard to say exactly with no numbers to reference however if somone can start me in the right direction that would be appreciated. IE 4 turns clockwise from softest etc. thanks in advance

N
Oct 15, 2018
I have mine set on the softest setting right at the indicator o-ring. See link below for Turbosmart’s instructions. It doesn’t bog the engine after revving and it’s closed at idle and according to the instructions that’s what you’re looking for. I still get some turbo flutter at light engine loads but you can definitely hear the BOV working at higher loads (boost) when chopping the throttle. I’m certainly no expert though and anther Silber owner said that Colin with Cyles and Sleds told him to crank it down (and he’s definitely the expert) so I might still play with mine and see what increasing the spring preload does.

https://www.turbosmart.com/news/adjusting-your-bov-or-bpv/

K
Nov 13, 2013
Squamish BC
I spoke to colin today he says to have it so it clearly releases at as low of a psi as possible and it will change from snow load and altitude fuel mix etc....

snopro11

Premium Member
Nov 13, 2009
I have mine set on the softest setting right at the indicator o-ring. See link below for Turbosmart’s instructions. It doesn’t bog the engine after revving and it’s closed at idle and according to the instructions that’s what you’re looking for. I still get some turbo flutter at light engine loads but you can definitely hear the BOV working at higher loads (boost) when chopping the throttle. I’m certainly no expert though and anther Silber owner said that Colin with Cyles and Sleds told him to crank it down (and he’s definitely the expert) so I might still play with mine and see what increasing the spring preload does.

https://www.turbosmart.com/news/adjusting-your-bov-or-bpv/

Do you notice any performance improvements?

Last edited:
J
Mar 8, 2019
This is my buddies they just did I will be picking it up hopefully this weekend when I drop mine off I can get more pics when I get it. He rode that sled all last year on silbers recommended set up so as soon as we get some snow I can give you some real feed back. They installed an elevate kit ,bov with boost controller and their custom clutching I believe it’s about a $1000 upgrade over the stock kit time will tell I guess. I’m doing the same set up on a 2020 Mountain cat I hope it holds up to the hype...8C805253-E6F7-4617-A817-574CE958DCD7.jpeg

20177EB0-C990-46C6-A83D-F81B2471FC50.png

spoon

Wrenching to ride is half the fun
Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
I am curious too as every kit I have ever built or run has had one.. I used to set mine soft enough to be open at idle and as soon as you touch throttle it would close. Seemed to help a little with spool up.

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
I am curious too as every kit I have ever built or run has had one.. I used to set mine soft enough to be open at idle and as soon as you touch throttle it would close. Seemed to help a little with spool up.
Interesting on that idea, soft enough to be open at idle hey, so you rigged it to kinda be like a intake/bypass valve for a moment

spoon

Wrenching to ride is half the fun
Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
Interesting on that idea, soft enough to be open at idle hey, so you rigged it to kinda be like a intake/bypass valve for a moment
Yes, always used the lightest spring I could make or find. On some I was able to use the round spring found in Mikuni round slide carbs as there are different diameters and I used to have lots of old carbs laying around. Actually learned this trick from Shane Stanger (Twisted Turbos) who learned it from Brad Story. Had to make sure the boost reference was on engine side of throttle bodies to get vacuum and it would help with it quick to open on throttle chop or open at idle. Hard to get to work properly on smaller diameter BOV as the suction force on small surface area isn't as good. The larger diameter valves like the Twisted kits had worked great.

Premium Features