• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Parts Required for E-Start Install on 2017 M8000 Limited?

D
Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage, Ak
What all do I need to install an electric start on a 2017 M8000 Limited? I realize that I need the kit, picked up a used longer seat. Do I need the longer gas tank too?

Lacombe08

Lifetime Membership
Feb 6, 2017
What all do I need to install an electric start on a 2017 M8000 Limited? I realize that I need the kit, picked up a used longer seat. Do I need the longer gas tank too?
Harness, starter, battery, seat and tank.

Where are you located?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

ultrasks700

Premium Member
Jul 7, 2009
MAINE
The kit can be installed keeping the short tank and seat, but you will have to shorten the harness and find a way to mount the battery under the hood. Alot of guys have gone with the light weight batteries

Lacombe08

Lifetime Membership
Feb 6, 2017
Hey if you delete ES can you get rid of the rain gear on the clutch?

Fyi where are you located? I might just get all the parts exchange for your non es.

2017 MC

Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
The kit can be installed keeping the short tank and seat, but you will have to shorten the harness and find a way to mount the battery under the hood. Alot of guys have gone with the light weight batteries

I did see a nice battery bracket that mounted on the right side. Looked good in the pics but you would need an after market muffler. I believe the Cat dealer that made it was in Camrose Alberta.

Premium Features