• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Help from those with a Team Tied secondary and 2015 jackshaft please!

W
Jan 14, 2009
I have the upgraded 2015 jackshaft and bearings, and TTCF on my 2012 Proclimb, and had a question about what spacer to use.
I have the alignment bar, and new secondary float plug.
Do I need a spacer behind the secondary to space between the bearing surface and the secondary, or inside the secondary?
Once that is correct, should I float it or no? Team says no, but that was with the older style jackshaft.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I'm running that setup. Behind the clutch you use whatever combination of spacing washers needed to get proper clutch alignment. Could be anywhere from none to 3 or 4. I set mine up to just float. It's not much, just enough to feel movement. After about 150 miles the washers behind the clutch are deformed pretty badly. I don't know if it is from the clutch moving and slamming them against the bearing race, or if they are just too soft of a material in general. My stock secondary used to do the same thing to them without any float, just not quite as fast.

W
Jan 14, 2009
I tracked down some primary clutch spacers that are close to the 29mm diameter of the 2015 jackshaft, we will see if they will survive against the sharp thin end of the secondary....

N

Nutman

Dec 20, 2007
I have same set up but run mine tight. I heard a rumor of the jack shafts still breaking and the thought was from letting it float.

J
Jan 7, 2017
Don't float it The shaft on my 15 was worn out from it. Space it just like stock secondary would be, I had to either use a shim or o ring between the float plug and outside of clutch to take away all the float as team built the plug about 1/8 to long to allow float. Team now recommends no float.

K

killerrf

Nov 27, 2007
sk
What he said^^^

Had a team tied on my 13 with some float and my jackshaft broke off. I wouldn’t run float.

Premium Features