• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mono suit thoughts?

Nramaker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2013
Been looking at some new riding gear for this season. any one out there wear a Mono Suit? FXR ones look pretty sweet.

looking for some pros and cons?

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
I grew out of onesies when I learn to poop in the toilet. I understand the concept of keeping the snow out, but they have to be saggy as heck so you are able to step over side to side and to reach out with your arms without creating a self inflicted wedgy.

M

MountainRider05

Nov 29, 2007
Kennewick,WA
Just picked up a mono from fxr (squadron lite).. Decided to give it a shot this year.. Its super comfy and fits perfect I think it's gunna be sweet... Probably won't wear it every ride but can't wait to use it!!

SASKTOOLMAN

Premium Member
Dec 18, 2013
CANADA
I wear a TOBE and love it so much I bought another one. My daughter is going to wear an FXR this year. The vent well, and less layers required I find because all your body heat is in one compartment. As far as being to baggy, I rock an XL for the length.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
I think I would look like a F_ing telletubby in one!
However, we shouldn't care how we look. Dry & comfy is King!

Last edited:

Dirty Steve

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2012
Central MN
Back in the John Deere and Scorpion days we called the "Snowmobile Suits"

Do the new ones have the rad belt?

N
Sep 16, 2012
I can see some pro's like not have your shoulder straps falling down, no snow up your coat. But con's also like when you stop and your hot you can't just take off your coat and cool down. Can't decide if looking like a teletubbie is a pro or con...

SASKTOOLMAN

Premium Member
Dec 18, 2013
CANADA
My TOBE has suspenders inside, so you can pull the top half down and cool off if required! I still see guys wearing full leather ones! Onesies are making a come back!

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
I have a 1991 sears snowmobile suit in storage. Very good condition. Not waterproof but but very warm except when butt gets wet from sitting on seat.

Will sell if anyone is interested. :face-icon-small-win

SASKTOOLMAN

Premium Member
Dec 18, 2013
CANADA
1991 was a much slimmer time for me, and I was only 11. It may fit me more like spandex

M
Nov 15, 2011
Saskatchewan
I'm sure they are warm but finding one to fit me would be a problem. I have to wear coveralls for work and always have trouble finding ones that are long enough and not baggy. I've looked at the one peice ones but never found one that would fit like I want so I will stick with a mis matched pants and coat sizes

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
Well, I didn't say there were not baggy to get the length. I had the same issue and they are like xxl and legs are like 20, lol

Actually, it was really easy to put on and take off. I looked at the new monos and since I don't know anyone that has one it was just too much $ for me to spend on something that I may not like so I bought Klim pants and will keep rockin my $75 Columbia jacket that has lasted over 10 years (with a few trips to the seamstress to sew up tears from branches).

Premium Features