• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 M8 shuts off when making hard turn to the right

T

troyburt

Mar 29, 2010
Newfoundland
any help is greatly appreciated!

when i turn my machine hard over to the right depending on bar height it shuts off!

any sensors to check or is it just a plug or chafed wire?

thanks

H
Dec 12, 2009
I would start by pulling off the access panel on the steering post support and turning all the way to the right. Whichever wire is tight is the one you want to look at.

spoon

Wrenching to ride is half the fun
Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
Agree, unplug handlebar harness at base of bars and see if problem goes away, your key will still work to shut it off. Then check all your kill switch wiring.

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
i had a sorta similar issue on my m7 once except it would just kill the lights and gauge when i turned left. it was a wire being pinched in the steering stop. like mentioned pull the cover plate off and inspect the wires.

M
Nov 26, 2007
I would start by pulling off the access panel on the steering post support and turning all the way to the right. Whichever wire is tight is the one you want to look at.

X2 also check the throttle cable. Make sure it is not pinched on catching on anything

Premium Features