• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

XCR Dragon??????

X
Jan 5, 2010
Conrad. MT
as far as pictures of the motor mounts it will be damn near impossible to see them unless I pull the motor. It is that tight in there. Hopefully I wont have to do that for a while. We built are own motor mounts for this sled.

07dragon

Apr 8, 2010
i dont know much about this xcr.... whats it out of? were they good motors? lots of power?

X
Jan 5, 2010
Conrad. MT
we rode yesterday and it was awesome. we made a lot of headway on the handling and have the suspension about perfect. this motor come out of my last sled which i had for 11 years. KF design out of my home town built a custom sled in a gen II chassis that i ended up with about 4500 miles on. we just completed my new Dragon around Christman. this motor has no bore work done. i had it ported and run nitrous. It has 195 horse stock and 240 with nitrous. it would have to be probably the most reliable motor Polaris ever built. Im trying to get some video on here right now of a few runs from yesterday.

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Hey there,

Congrats on your sled man, lucky you to be ridin a RAW rmk with xcr power!!

Have a Gen II with a PRICE 1029 in it, so I KNOW what pulls you around.

Please, if you have any more pics than what you've posted here, email to runeracing@yahoo.no

RS

07dragon

Apr 8, 2010
i always thought the tripples were junk? is polaris tripples better? i have seen cat and doo tripples blow up pretty regularly

snosfun

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
N of Great Falls, MT
Very nice Ryan, hope you got things the way you like now. Heard you weren't too happy at first, but just jumping from the edge chassis to the iq is a big step to get used to, then throw a motor in that was never intended to fit in there and wow....it looks very tight in there, though.
XCR motors are very tough and last a long time. My buddy has one in his edge mod and he has been running the snot out of it for 6 years, no problems.
Again, very nice!

Jim

X
Jan 5, 2010
Conrad. MT
I can't see the motor mounts to get,pics for you. I would have to pull the motor. My motor mounts and straps were out of a 97 ultra. We had to modify the interior bulkhead a little to make the water pump clear but you cant see any of that with pipes in

T

ta406

Dec 11, 2007
Rathdrum, ID
I can't see the motor mounts to get,pics for you. I would have to pull the motor. My motor mounts and straps were out of a 97 ultra. We had to modify the interior bulkhead a little to make the water pump clear but you cant see any of that with pipes in

Did you have to modify the straps to get them to fit? Or did you move the mounts in the bulkhead to work with the straps? I'm trying to do a similar build and trying to get some ideas.

X
Jan 5, 2010
Conrad. MT
we did NOT use the factory fuel pump. actually took it out and we used my old pump out of my last chassis. we are pulling it thru the factory outlet on top and seems to be working great.

as for the motor straps we used my old straps which are originally ultra straps. i think the storm also had the same straps. we had to reposition the mounts and straps to fit the dragon. crutial to get the right height so the pipes would fit thru the crossmember of the shock tower and the bottom hump. it actually sat in pretty easy but we did take a small hunk out of the hump where the water pump needed to sit. i will try to get you a pic of close ups around the motor. just tough to see anything to deep because it is REALLY tight in there

Premium Features