• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rode the new 2011 PRO-RMK today, awesome!!!!!!

T

towngrunt

Apr 17, 2008
Track is ported and made out of a very flimsy plastic. Will have to see just how durable they are. I can live with this cause the sled flat out runs.

crf118r

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 29, 2008
Eagle, Idaho
Honest...I didn't know how else to describe it, but think of a cool whip lid with holes in it. It does have a block built into the flap that hits the bumper when it is buried stuck, it gives you space to get your hands around the bumper without having to dig out the snow flap first.

I'm not sure that would be much of a selling point for me. I just stomp on the flap once or twice and that little problem is solved! I'm sure that thing is gonna cost some serious coin too. I ride one Sunday so we will see.:bump2:

440dart

Jan 5, 2008
montana
shouldnt they be worried about a fix for the consumers with older products. but hey why fix them if people still buy them and keep throwing money at them sounds like a win win for polaris.

my vote is nobody buys one till current issues are fixed like that will happen. somebody **** in ur soup would you come back next week for more. YUP! take action dont help these guys out anymore. take a stand help the people out that arnt getting help from polaris, we all love there products when it works right.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
shouldnt they be worried about a fix for the consumers with older products. but hey why fix them if people still buy them and keep throwing money at them sounds like a win win for polaris.

my vote is nobody buys one till current issues are fixed like that will happen. somebody **** in ur soup would you come back next week for more. YUP! take action dont help these guys out anymore. take a stand help the people out that arnt getting help from polaris, we all love there products when it works right.

Your Polaris bashing continues....yawn....:noidea:

I think you started a thread that asked how many people actually have had good luck with the D8 and it was overwhelming. No doubt there are issues, but it looks to me like Polaris has all but given money back for the sleds. The 2010 update was surely a very costly venture for them to fix an EPA issue they could not handle (get in line AC).

If Polaris didn't continue to move forward with the Pro-R, how many sleds do you think they would sell next year? The year after? I think they have a few more people in the think tank smarter than you.

J
Mar 19, 2008
I agree with bugito your constant bashing is annoying! You hate polaris, we get it. Now move on.
I have had three dragon 800's, and put an average of 1200 miles on each one. Out of those three sleds, the only reason i have been back to the dealer is for updates.
I will be buying a pro rmk, along with alot of others. The simple fact is that next year, after seeing today what the other manufactures are releasing, The pro will dominate the mountains.

T

towngrunt

Apr 17, 2008
I have to agree with Johnny. I have 2 Dragon 8's, one I have had my share of issues with, mainly RPM's but nothing to keep from buying another. My hat goes off to Polaris to stand behind their product. I to am going to do all that I can to be on the list for a new Pro RMK.

440dart

Jan 5, 2008
montana
i would hope there smarter then me, but they cant be that smart they keep puting out a product with flaws that leave you stranded or playing the guessing game will i get towed out 2day will my vr go out, but then again they dont care they got guys like you that think its perfectly ok to exspect flaws. when a company starts nit picking what they warranty obviously there starting to loose there *** on it and there useing that as an out so its not comeing out of there pocket.

440dart

Jan 5, 2008
montana
i guess i shouldnt of said anything maybe polaris did do there homework and put together a good sled but thats what everybody has thought since the 900 come out. just thought it would be a way to help future buyer and people that already own the sleds it was just a thought

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
i would hope there smarter then me, but they cant be that smart they keep puting out a product with flaws that leave you stranded or playing the guessing game will i get towed out 2day will my vr go out, but then again they dont care they got guys like you that think its perfectly ok to exspect flaws. when a company starts nit picking what they warranty obviously there starting to loose there *** on it and there useing that as an out so its not comeing out of there pocket.

Fixed it for you. Generally, you will have a lot more credibility if you don't sound like a total hillbilly. I'm not saying this is perfect, but a little effort goes a long way. Just saying.

I would hope they're smarter then me, but they can't be that smart, they keep putting out a product with flaws that leave you stranded or playing the guessing game. Will I get towed out 2day? Will my vr go out? Then again they don't care, they have guys like you that think its perfectly ok to expect flaws. When a company starts nitpicking what they warranty, obviously they're starting to lose their *** on it and they're using that as an out so it's not coming out of their pocket.

BTW, I would buy a new one....... When the dealer guaranteed me a loaner for as long as needed if and when mine went down.

Last edited:

440dart

Jan 5, 2008
montana
Fixed it for you. Generally, you will have a lot more credibility if you don't sound like a total hillbilly. I'm not saying this is perfect, but a little effort goes a long way. Just saying.

I would hope they're smarter then me, but they can't be that smart, they keep putting out a product with flaws that leave you stranded or playing the guessing game. Will I get towed out 2day? Will my vr go out? Then again they don't care, they have guys like you that think its perfectly ok to expect flaws. When a company starts nitpicking what they warranty, obviously they're starting to lose their *** on it and they're using that as an out so it's not coming out of their pocket.

BTW, I would buy a new one....... When the dealer guaranteed me a loaner for as long as needed if and when mine went down.

Thanks man ur always there to correct me when i need it, but you put to many periods after "one".

R

Ron

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 4, 2006
Boise
Actually the extra ....'s are OK-a useful means of inflection.

I spent some time looking over the new PRO this AM since I'll be out of town and can't ride one this weekend. The sled had almost 400 miles and except for brush marks on the windshield looked like new. Here are some things I observed:
Engine sits very low and besides lowering CG, the clutches are now more horizontal-a good thing.
The ECU is on the clutch side in the open and will get air from a hood vent. The coils & VR sit on an aluminum shelf above the exhaust-also will get air from a hood vent.
The upper hood piece has 2 screws and 2 darts, not hard to remove. The sides have 2 turnbuckles and 1 rubber snubber (my definition Poo will have a better name)
The front bumper is wider and connects to the large removable tubes that provide the upper frame support. A stronger AM bumper should be an easy add.
The bulkhead is cast aluminum, 2 piece-stronger but will likely break rather than bend-looks very strong but?
Most maint. items are readily accessible-but.......the air box and anything with the throttle bodies, reeds, fuel rail, etc may be ugly. They are tucked in and don't look user friendly.
The ECU looks like a different unit, going from memory. The fuel rail is changed. 2 injectors vs 4 now.
The exhaust silencer is huge, main exhaust wraps way foreward and has a tight bend due to the narrow front. Whole new exh. system so nothing from the IQ will fit.
The steering is well designed, the arm goes over the engine & has lots of leverage-easy steer for sure.
The display is larger and rectangular-looks like an improvement- didn't run it indoors to find out more.
Just sitting on the sled the ergo's seem very good-standing up it has a little more feel like a dirt bike than the IQ.
The rear suspension looks a lot like a HOLZ-but it's probably different dimensions. The front torque arm is longer than on the IQ. The shocks are aluminum springers made by Walker Evans. Carl's says they are good shocks for OEM, easy to revalve to taste.
The oil tank is now on the clutch side, the burp bottle is tucked back in another location. Adding the oil to the same side as the clutches could make that side heavy but maybe the engine is off center? Carl's weighs each side and should have a dry weight of the sled, I'll post that info when available.
I didn't see anything to make me change my mind about SC, my names on the list waiting for the official forms. This sled looks like it will work very well in stock form. It needs venting, maybe more intake air & will need some storage added. I'm sure there will be other goodies but maybe less necessary than in the past.

A

aebsledder

Jan 16, 2008
Gallatin Valley
Actually the extra ....'s are OK-a useful means of inflection.

I spent some time looking over the new PRO this AM since I'll be out of town and can't ride one this weekend. The sled had almost 400 miles and except for brush marks on the windshield looked like new. Here are some things I observed:
Engine sits very low and besides lowering CG, the clutches are now more horizontal-a good thing.
The ECU is on the clutch side in the open and will get air from a hood vent. The coils & VR sit on an aluminum shelf above the exhaust-also will get air from a hood vent.
The upper hood piece has 2 screws and 2 darts, not hard to remove. The sides have 2 turnbuckles and 1 rubber snubber (my definition Poo will have a better name)
The front bumper is wider and connects to the large removable tubes that provide the upper frame support. A stronger AM bumper should be an easy add.
The bulkhead is cast aluminum, 2 piece-stronger but will likely break rather than bend-looks very strong but?
Most maint. items are readily accessible-but.......the air box and anything with the throttle bodies, reeds, fuel rail, etc may be ugly. They are tucked in and don't look user friendly.
The ECU looks like a different unit, going from memory. The fuel rail is changed. 2 injectors vs 4 now.
The exhaust silencer is huge, main exhaust wraps way foreward and has a tight bend due to the narrow front. Whole new exh. system so nothing from the IQ will fit.
The steering is well designed, the arm goes over the engine & has lots of leverage-easy steer for sure.
The display is larger and rectangular-looks like an improvement- didn't run it indoors to find out more.
Just sitting on the sled the ergo's seem very good-standing up it has a little more feel like a dirt bike than the IQ.
The rear suspension looks a lot like a HOLZ-but it's probably different dimensions. The front torque arm is longer than on the IQ. The shocks are aluminum springers made by Walker Evans. Carl's says they are good shocks for OEM, easy to revalve to taste.
The oil tank is now on the clutch side, the burp bottle is tucked back in another location. Adding the oil to the same side as the clutches could make that side heavy but maybe the engine is off center? Carl's weighs each side and should have a dry weight of the sled, I'll post that info when available.
I didn't see anything to make me change my mind about SC, my names on the list waiting for the official forms. This sled looks like it will work very well in stock form. It needs venting, maybe more intake air & will need some storage added. I'm sure there will be other goodies but maybe less necessary than in the past.
As usual, very astute observations. I liked the new display, you can see your rpms and mph on the same screen. Trust me on this one, anything that may look out of balance on the sled doesn't transfer when you ride it. Handles so good it's scary.

T

towngrunt

Apr 17, 2008
I don't believe any of us have forgotten the past, just looking forward to the future. I am one who is willing to give them credit for trying to upright the ship. I have had as many, if not more problems with my Dragon's than most, but have always found my dealer and Polaris trying to make it right.

MARV1

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2004
Kotlik, AK
Can't live in the past, always look forward for today and what is to come tomorrow. . . Might have to upgrade, see what happens when snowcheck is released.

D

deepdiver

Nov 27, 2003
Marysville, WA
I agree with bugito your constant bashing is annoying! You hate polaris, we get it. Now move on.
I have had three dragon 800's, and put an average of 1200 miles on each one. Out of those three sleds, the only reason i have been back to the dealer is for updates.
I will be buying a pro rmk, along with alot of others. The simple fact is that next year, after seeing today what the other manufactures are releasing, The pro will dominate the mountains.
Lets not get our panties in a wad here...440dart isnt really bashing Polaris..if you think about what he said. It may be the way he delivered it...if one uses a bit of objectivity and has been in business at a professional level some of his statements do have merit.

Think about it: To start with polaris like any other Power sports company, Harley Davidson aside....is more focused on getting out a new model to the consumer than supporting their current installed base. Nothing wrong with it, it is just how they do business. It is their business and they will run it how their CEO's feel it should be done. It is about profit margin and shareholder returns. 440Dart made this observation in a different sort of way he just didnt realize it and dint explain it like that, but I think that is what he was feeling.. 440Dart man has not been in the business world long I would suspect by his age yet he is making some very good points..we just dont want to hear them. Give him a chance and let him come around and I think he may end up being a valuable person on this forum someday. We need that as many of the valued sources are leaving a a rate that i cant believe

I have owned Harleys and Indians for more years than most of you have been alive! Scarry I know(big sleep coming soon). For a brief moment I had a Yamaha Roadstar which had it';s issues no different than Harley or anybody else..If you would deal with the dealers and company they always just wanted to show me the next new product. They really didnt care about the current installed base. I had a windshield fly off and hit a car behind me after the factory mount welds broke. There was a recall issued on that after the US Consumer traffic Safty dept. or whatever they are called got a hold of it. Thank God noone was hurt. When I traded it in my paint job cost more than what they would give me for book value. I am not making good sense here on three hours sleep..I think I am trying to say that most Powersports business model is about getting new andproducts out to create excitement in the market place. This excitement drives sales and sales drive market shar which drives shareholder value which drives CEO bonuses.

Harley for the most part appreciates its older bikes considerably more and the expertise is there to resolve inherant issues. I just dont see this in other powersports..one only has to see the new Pure Polaris catalog to see they dont care much about last years models. It may not be our "cup of tea" and isnt 440Darts but it is an accurate statement.

I think 440Dart isnt bashing Polaris..he just wants them to show some Corporate responsibility...they are slow in that regard. I have had many communications with Polaris Executivies From Scott Wine, to Lauren Christainsenand others. Just to let you know Scott Wine is the CEO of Polaris industries and a former US Navy Veteran like myself. IT isnt always that Polaris doesnt want to do the right thing but sometimes in the mesh of running a huge BILLION dollar corparation you get caught up in the "Financials" and lose sight of the end user and what they really care about.

Had it not been for the constant public show of disappointment with Polaris regarding dragons they might never have seen how it was going to affect them. With that in mind 440Dart is correct in the fact that any companys bottom line is what will get results. If you can affect that line and we barely make a dent in it, corporations can an will make the adjustments necessary. What $$)Dart has to learn is that to these CEO's it is shareholder value that is their no. one concern and not your snowmobile. I would give 440Dart a small waiver on this one..he is coming along...we need him to keep his butt on a Polaris and not go to the rice burning sleds!

Again he has concerns and if he didnt give a rats arse he probably would not have said anything. Some peoples way of showing concern is not the same as others people are all different. Let him vent if he needs to, it wont hurt. It isnt any worse than the other views that want him to go away. I dont see anything of value there in those types of posts either(sp?)

Choose your battles wisely. Try to fight the small ones and the ones that you can win. The others are not worth the time. If you dont like someones mesage like 440Dart then the best thing to do is just ignore that person..it works well..try it. For those that want him to goaway because they dont like some of what he say I would bet that there are plenty of us here that can find dislike in those posts just the same. We really need to stop the bickering..leave that for posts to a_dmin.

As Polaris owners together we are strong. Devided we are nothing more than a revenue source for a billion dollar corporation..please keep that in mind.
Disclaimer...I dont know who Dart440 is and have no realtions to him but I think he owes me a beer for this boaring long message!

Last edited:
Premium Features