• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Assault track

H
Nov 17, 2008
Adams, ND
you would also have to switch drivers. 144 is 2.52 pitch, 146 is 2.86 pitch. about the only options in a mountain track without switching drivers are the polaris 2.4 or the challanger extreem 2.5.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
The options are

1) 144 Camoplast Extreme 2.5" lug height, 3" pitch. You would have to run it with 7 tooth drivers to have any semblance of clearance.... this will also give you some more legth to the fit on the rails.

2) 146 Camo Extreme 2.5" lugh height stock assault, 2.86" pitch, ... but you will not have much clearance when running this track... less than 1/4" ... recommend a Dropped drive shaft kit like HRP or FTX.

T
Nov 28, 2007
This is also an option, cut the stock assault track.I bought one cheap since people seem to be dumping them. I've got mine cut down to 1.5 and also reshaped. It weighs forty fourish pounds at the moment ( although I need to double check with another scale) with a touch more left to do. According to its shipping weight it was 51 pounds.
Here are some pics
IMG_2741-1.jpg

IMG_2747.jpg

IMG_2740.jpg

IMG_2746.jpg

IMG_2744.jpg

Last edited:
S
Nov 26, 2008
Seeing that Polaris will not cover this track and do't really have the coin to replace right now I'm going to cut,carve,grind do whatever to maybe make this work for this year.

T
Nov 28, 2007
When looking at the costs of tracks and what Assault tracks were selling for I thought carving one up for trail use would be ideal. I'm sure for hardpack riding and racing this track cut will be fine.

I
Oct 1, 2009
wasilla
so why is everyone dumping these tracks?? I live here in Alaska and i have ridden everything from waist deep powder to hardpack trail for 50 miles and love this track. I was initially worried about trenching in powder but have never had a problem getting out!

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
so why is everyone dumping these tracks?? I live here in Alaska and i have ridden everything from waist deep powder to hardpack trail for 50 miles and love this track. I was initially worried about trenching in powder but have never had a problem getting out!

I was kinda wondering the same thing. Granted I only have about 40 miles on my Assault because we need snow, but so far it seems you just need to ride it different.

Pretty much every track has a learning curve.

Everyone has complained about the OEM Dragon track as well, it is too soft. I know people who put the CE on their Dragon and they said there is a curve because it is much harder and if you don't feather the throttle it will trench.

I personally don't think the Assault is trenching so much because of the hard track but because it is a 146". My old REV was 144" and on the deep days I had to be carefull when I started or I would just dig down and be stuck.

A
Mar 22, 2009
I'm sick of everyone whinning about their sled , Ive got 1200 miles on my assault in everything from waist deep to sugar spring snow and I have no complaints, it out runs my bros 07 800 XRS 151 all day in the pow and I'm 6'4 235. Love this sled. Homer, Ak

T
Nov 28, 2007
The Assault track in stock form has worked great for me so far in the deep snow, more then happy with it. 80% of my driving is trail though which didnt leave me much choice of tracks that were reasonably priced. So I bought another Assault track and cut it for my trail driving/drag racing.

Premium Features