• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Top 10 Polaris 800 RMK Mods.. Dragons or Base Models

SayatodaU.P.eh?

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2008
Michigan
I have.....

PCIII
Custom clutching for my altitude
Cobra track and custom four wheel kit for trail riding.
Factory track and RSI ice scratchers.
WRP 2" rise custom seat.
WRP wide running board kit(must have).
Full side panel vents and dash vent(and adding more by the day).
Skinz front bumper.
Sled Solutions Extreme tunnel bag.
Sled Solutions Carry all(must have)
Skinz led tail light kit.
Polaris under seat bag.
Skinz knee pads.
Skinz windshield bag.
Skinz float plate.
Skinz hand guards(for the really cold days).
Skinz seat post(just for the look).
Skinz headlight adjuster cover.

Still have Shaper bars to get, for the factory skis, console vents, and my Moutain Addiction TrackRack system.

S

snopro_ac

Oct 17, 2009
I have a single SLP pipe and can, different boards, skinz hood, i put hyperfax on then took all the wheels off except the back two and the two on the top, i replaced them with aluminum ones. i took the original rubber/plastic wheels out and just weighted the rest, between the wheels and brackets removed on a postal scale it was a little over 6 lbs removed (not counting the four that i just replaced). i vented the side panels. putting white c & a skis on, swapping the mountain grab bar with a black one unless i find a white one.

0_IMAG0011.jpg

Last edited:
J

jim9006

Sep 7, 2008
Cle Elum WA
home.comcast.net
K. I'm waiting for sure on the PCV then.. if they don't have it by 1st ride in Dec. I'll just get PCIII.

Do you see any reason to do tower and foot vents over side vents though?

Nope... Just seemed like the best place to start.

Oh, One other thing I starting to "feel" would be a good idea to spend money on is all the tools required to do clutch work myself.. Always wanted to become my own clutch man.

P
Nov 27, 2007
I currently have a PC III but i would look into getting the new PC V. It has some nice options that the PC III Doesn't have and they cost the same.

thefullmonte

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Rapid City
I'm scared of clutches, haha.
I think I'll do the side vents first from 2 cool and get the RMK custom logo on them. I wish the sleds were called RMK's more than they are called dragons.
RMK is such a cool name.

You actually get the best of both worlds and get to call it a Dragon RMK. :D I know what you are saying though. It is tough to beat a Rocky Mountain King!
If you are afraid of clutches, there are some great kits out there ready to go. Otherwise, gather up some of the recommended parts from the clutching threads and start experimenting.
We all have to start somewhere and there is a lot more info available now than when I started. Plus the members on here are very helpful.

T
Mar 3, 2008
burnsville mn
Do you see any reason to do tower and foot vents over side vents though?[/QUOTE]

Do all of them, also rip out all of the foam. every piece. use 3m adhesive remover to get the glue

R

Ron

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 4, 2006
Boise
The foam absorbs water & then gets heavy, also collects grime.
Just curious why so many think they need a Fuel controller for a fuel map that no one has tested in the snow? The new map will probably be 4-6% fat on top end but a pipe will make it leaner so is a fuel controller needed? I'd spend the $ on the SLP single first-if you ride in the West. I'd also look for a supply of Premium non-ethanol fuel.

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
if you get the swivel mounts you can mount them below the cross bar, i would say to get powermadd handgaurds over the polaris because you can remove a piece and make them vented for hot days. but for sure get the polaris aluminum swiveling mounts

T
Mar 3, 2008
burnsville mn
Why don't you like the foam? It seems now that they're covered with the pre filter material that they would preform equally as well

I'm talking about the foam under the hood. Figure its gotta help air movement around the engine to help keep things cool plus what ron said about water and grime. But I also ripped out the foam on the dash intake.

S

suitcase

Nov 9, 2008
In the great part of OR.
Better boards for sure. 2cool vents will save on belts for sure. SLP big air, SLP single, SLP clutching. It you want reeds go with the carbon tech. there is a diffrence, the v-force will not hold up. Carl's does real great work.

harrysmith500

Lifetime Membership
Polaris Hand Guards

Harry,

I'd really be interested in a picture of how well those hand guards mount on the protaper bars.

I pick the sleds up from tri city on tuesday...
I believe the mounts are the "billet" mounts.
It's just what tri city had on the display shelf... so i'll try them out and see if there going to work..
I'll post up some pics and soon as there on.

harrysmith500

Lifetime Membership
ahhh yes that foam..

I'm talking about the foam under the hood. Figure its gotta help air movement around the engine to help keep things cool plus what ron said about water and grime. But I also ripped out the foam on the dash intake.

Haha Now I see what you are talking about..

yeah, so i'll go ahead and get rid of that foam.. that should help swirl the air around in there....

can you post up a picture of the underside of your hood so i can get an idea of what it should look like please???

harrysmith500

Lifetime Membership
Better boards for sure. 2cool vents will save on belts for sure. SLP big air, SLP single, SLP clutching. It you want reeds go with the carbon tech. there is a diffrence, the v-force will not hold up. Carl's does real great work.

yeah I was warned to stay awar from VF 3's...

I'll hold off on reeds for now... I'll get a PC V first.

A

akrevrider

Jan 15, 2008
Wasilla, Alaska
Haha Now I see what you are talking about..

yeah, so i'll go ahead and get rid of that foam.. that should help swirl the air around in there....

can you post up a picture of the underside of your hood so i can get an idea of what it should look like please???

Ron has already posted this & a lot of other good info on his Dragon in the link below:

http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87734

akrevrider

J

jim9006

Sep 7, 2008
Cle Elum WA
home.comcast.net
I pick the sleds up from tri city on tuesday...
I believe the mounts are the "billet" mounts.
It's just what tri city had on the display shelf... so i'll try them out and see if there going to work..
I'll post up some pics and soon as there on.

Thanks! - FYI upon reading the DynoTech report again it looks like were going to have to drill and weld a new "o2 sensor bung" to the pipe to mount the auto tunes sensor. The auto tune comes with the bung and a plug so after your done updating your map you can remove the auto tune's o2 sensor and in stall the plug. This would allow you to greatly extend the life of the o2 sensor for future use. Note: don't confuse this with the polaris's o2 sensor. The auto tune is in addition to the stock one and required for tuning new maps. Anyhow, thats how I read it.

Premium Features