• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Top 10 Polaris 800 RMK Mods.. Dragons or Base Models

harrysmith500

Lifetime Membership
Harry come see our factory display at the SLC show and I'll show your this Performance Partner demonstrator sled done by Carl's/Holz/Better Boards with a few more key aftermarket products to select. GIANT BLACK BETTER BOARDS TENT WITH FLAGS..CAN'T MISS IT.

I can offer you some insight on things that we have found to be very beneficial on the 800cfi raw chassis and then some parts that didn't really live up to expectations.

Polaris.jpg

Polaris-RMK-IQ-RAW-155-163-birdseye.jpg

Polaris-RMK-IQ-RAW-155-163-Peformance-Partner-Sled-front.jpg

Polaris-IQ-RMK-RAW-155-163-side-WEBSITE.jpg

F-bomb, I'll see you there......

Thanks, Harry

I

IDAHO HOT SHOT

Jan 21, 2009
South of Bellevue...way south
harry come see our factory display at the slc show and i'll show your this performance partner demonstrator sled done by carl's/holz/better boards with a few more key aftermarket products to select. Giant black better boards tent with flags..can't miss it.

I can offer you some insight on things that we have found to be very beneficial on the 800cfi raw chassis and then some parts that didn't really live up to expectations.

polaris.jpg

polaris-rmk-iq-raw-155-163-birdseye.jpg

polaris-rmk-iq-raw-155-163-peformance-partner-sled-front.jpg

polaris-iq-rmk-raw-155-163-side-website.jpg

showoff!!!!:d

X

XC700116

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 2, 2007
Milliken, CO
1. Better Boards
2. Vents, Vents, and more Vents
3. Bar riser to fit YOU!!!
4. PCIII
5. Carl's Head mod, all the benefit or more of the SLP and less cost Carls works very closely with SLP and if the SLP head out performed their mod they wouldn't be doing it.
6.Clutching to complement your engine mods
7. Gearing 19/42 or 19/43
8.-10. Shock and suspension upgrades

Don't waste your $$ on VF3's the carbon fiber chips due to no lubrication in the intake tract of the CFI. This is what caused the durability issues mentioned before. Also you will get little to no performance gain from them. The mfgs have figured out that it's an easy place to gain a little hp and they don't throw a POS stock setup at them anymore compared to the past.

C

cobaltpilot

Nov 26, 2007
BC
Xc, I yeild to yours and neils greater knowledge about the reeds.
Do I Just send carls my head? And it's like 100$ right??

Harrysmith,

The best thing you can do is go and spend the $25 for a one year membership to dynotechresearch. They've done a ton of testing with different heads, pipes, reeds, etc there and have baseline and subsequent dyno runs to see the changes. Obviously each dyno will give you different HP figures but at least this way you can get the baseline and see the changes the individual parts are making in this particular situation. Seems smarter to spend the $25 to see what kind of results each mod provide.

First thing I'd do based on what I've seen there would be the 2010 update with poo's head, dual ring pistons, and if I recall correctly Power Commander 5.

And Better Boards... those IQ running boards ice up alot otherwise.

IQ?

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Vilhelmina,Sweden
www.facebook.com
What is your budget??
Best or best for Cash$$$

My List.
1.Betterboards-A must! how hard can it be for OEM to change...Lucky for Rob...
2.Shocks- just about anything else than Walkers will do the job.
3.Clutching and gearing.
4.Venting vents vents vents vents.
5.If you got cash-Timbersled skid-Iceage rails.
6:If getting serious.Boondocker Turbo...You will never look back.throw all shiny 5+ hp xtra pipes-V-forcePC3 in a thrash can and get some serious hp.5-8 HP xtra is nothing-Ride stock and Ride more instead!!!
7.HOLZ or Timbersled front end. Change whole front end when first a-arm bends...it will not take long...:mad:
8-10:Race gas-More boost:D

Last edited:
X

XC700116

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 2, 2007
Milliken, CO
Xc, I yeild to yours and neils greater knowledge about the reeds.
Do I Just send carls my head? And it's like 100$ right??
Give Carl's a Call (ask for the performance dept) and talk to them about it. Tell them all the info you can about any other mods and they will hook you up.

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
Harrysmith,

The best thing you can do is go and spend the $25 for a one year membership to dynotechresearch. They've done a ton of testing with different heads, pipes, reeds, etc there and have baseline and subsequent dyno runs to see the changes. Obviously each dyno will give you different HP figures but at least this way you can get the baseline and see the changes the individual parts are making in this particular situation. Seems smarter to spend the $25 to see what kind of results each mod provide.

First thing I'd do based on what I've seen there would be the 2010 update with poo's head, dual ring pistons, and if I recall correctly Power Commander 5.

And Better Boards... those IQ running boards ice up alot otherwise.

Better be careful on that DYNOTECH recommendation, I did that a few times and was accused of getting kickbacks from Jim.:rolleyes:

P
Dec 7, 2007
Mill Creek, WA
better boards,
the drop and roll kit (fasttrax)
ch-ext track
avid drivers
SLP anti-stab kit
Every vent 2Cool makes
some handlebar grips for my preference.
Slp air horn
SLP can
I may do the 42 tooth driven gear, but not totally sure
god it gets expensive fast!

PE

harrysmith500

Lifetime Membership
What is your budget??
Best or best for Cash$$$

My List.
1.Betterboards-A must! how hard can it be for OEM to change...Lucky for Rob...
2.Shocks- just about anything else than Walkers will do the job.
3.Clutching and gearing.
4.Venting vents vents vents vents.
5.If you got cash-Timbersled skid-Iceage rails.
6:If getting serious.Boondocker Turbo...You will never look back.throw all shiny 5+ hp xtra pipes-V-forcePC3 in a thrash can and get some serious hp.5-8 HP xtra is nothing-Ride stock and Ride more instead!!!
7.HOLZ or Timbersled front end. Change whole front end when first a-arm bends...it will not take long...:mad:
8-10:Race gas-More boost:D

I'm not really on a budget... I just want to do some mods to get a little more power, style, and keep it so I don't have to tinker with stuff...

I'm not going to touch track or suspension until there is a problem, I might as well wear it out, even if it sucks, cuz I paid top dollar for that crap!

I won't turbo this sled.. I'm saving that for a nytro in a few years.. .I really like 4 strokes and I'm bigger so I can sling those lead weights around...

harrysmith500

Lifetime Membership
I called them this morning

Give Carl's a Call (ask for the performance dept) and talk to them about it. Tell them all the info you can about any other mods and they will hook you up.

They said they only do the head mod after they port and polish the jugs... I didn't know that, but now I know head mods are hand in hand with p and p.

He said they only give the 100$ head mod to their customers who build a motor with them, but I'll call again and see what I can work out.
I wouldn't be against a P and P after all i guess :)

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
They said they only do the head mod after they port and polish the jugs... I didn't know that, but now I know head mods are hand in hand with p and p.
He said they only give the 100$ head mod to their customers who build a motor with them, but I'll call again and see what I can work out.
I wouldn't be against a P and P after all i guess :)

For what it's worth, DYNOTECH RESEARCH just tested the Sean Ray head mod on an updated 2009 800 (which may be different than Carl's) on a stock non-ported non-piped sled and results were beneficial.:cool:

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
My must have mod list is.

1 Bumper- now there are much better options than the TCP.
2 Better boards
3 Shock vents
4 Footwell vents

The nice to have list.

1 Trail tank
2 Polaris tunnel bag

The really, really nice to have list.

1 PG Turbo

I'm really considering the Timbersled skid at this point. I'd skip the reeds IMO.
Also when/if you regear, just roll the sled on it's side so there is no need to drain the chaincase.

J

jim9006

Sep 7, 2008
Cle Elum WA
home.comcast.net
Must have:

IMO... Vents, both shock and footwell.
spare belt
spare plugs

Yup thats it.

Like to have:

Better boards
new shocks (take your pick on this)
Tunnel rack - gas can and/or bag
Clutched for you riding style
PCV with the auto tune.

Yeah, spend the $25 on the Dynotune subscribition (like you can't afford $25).

Next year maybe a drop and roll kit.

harrysmith500

Lifetime Membership
Must have:

IMO... Vents, both shock and footwell.
spare belt
spare plugs

Yup thats it.

Like to have:

Better boards
new shocks (take your pick on this)
Tunnel rack - gas can and/or bag
Clutched for you riding style
PCV with the auto tune.

Yeah, spend the $25 on the Dynotune subscribition (like you can't afford $25).

Next year maybe a drop and roll kit.

Can you tell me more about PCV???

would you rather have footwell vents and shock tower vents over side vents?
I figured I'd just do side vents, it seems like they would have the most air flow volume.
THanks fellers

J

jim9006

Sep 7, 2008
Cle Elum WA
home.comcast.net
I'm using just the foot well vents and shock tower vents (did'nt install the rear side vents). The PCv = Power Commander 5 you can read about it when you get your Dynotech sub. Yes it "auto tunes" your sled! Think of it as automatic jetting for an EFI system. Oh, and did I mention its not quite available for our D8's just yet? They say Mid. November.

Premium Features