• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Explain qs3 for me

B
Feb 25, 2018
Lets say i put front skies at 80 psi (in nr 1). If i turn the noob in 2 is it like I get more pressure, say like 100.??? Or is the air pressure only for ride height? If so( only ride height) why do people get as low as 50 and say its good??= Lowride height and bottums out...please explain to me

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
Hopefully someone smarter will chime in but Initial stroke vs bottom out resistance. Less pressure in main chamber results in a softer ride because this is the start of the stroke but you can tighten the compression knob to still prevent bottom out at the end of the stroke. The difference between 65 and 55 in the main chamber on the front of these is amazing. Handles so much better at 55.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Air pressure is just spring rate. More PSI means more ride height/ability to support load.

The QS3 controls compression dampening adjustment. Compression dampening adjustment controls how much restriction the shock oil must go through to allow the shock to move. More dampening results in slower rate of travel for the same load. Lesser dampening allows the shock to act more like an unrestricted spring.

Position 1 - very little dampening/restriction to flow, this results in a very 'soft' feeling shock which is easy to bottom. This is a commonly used setting for riders who prefer a softer more compliant sled.

Position 2 - Medium dampening. Provides significant increase in dampening while still not being super harsh. Allows for reasonable weight transfer but significant resistance to bottoming.

Position 3 - Ski and Front track shocks - Most dampening, greatly increased dampening, This can feel harsh or rigid in many conditions. This is a great option for more aggressive riders when pounding whooped out trails/jumps. This allows for a rider to take much harder impacts without blowing through the suspension and bottoming out.

Position 3 (L) - On the OEM rear QS3L shock. The 3rd position acts as almost a complete stop to oil flow, this causes the rear track shocks to act very rigid and prevent any transfer. This causes minimal ski lift and allows the sled to climb significantly better then the other settings. There is a bypass in case of super hard hits so it will not damage the shock.

K
Nov 13, 2013
Squamish BC
Air pressure is just spring rate. More PSI means more ride height/ability to support load.

The QS3 controls compression dampening adjustment. Compression dampening adjustment controls how much restriction the shock oil must go through to allow the shock to move. More dampening results in slower rate of travel for the same load. Lesser dampening allows the shock to act more like an unrestricted spring.

Position 1 - very little dampening/restriction to flow, this results in a very 'soft' feeling shock which is easy to bottom. This is a commonly used setting for riders who prefer a softer more compliant sled.

Position 2 - Medium dampening. Provides significant increase in dampening while still not being super harsh. Allows for reasonable weight transfer but significant resistance to bottoming.

Position 3 - Ski and Front track shocks - Most dampening, greatly increased dampening, This can feel harsh or rigid in many conditions. This is a great option for more aggressive riders when pounding whooped out trails/jumps. This allows for a rider to take much harder impacts without blowing through the suspension and bottoming out.

Position 3 (L) - On the OEM rear QS3L shock. The 3rd position acts as almost a complete stop to oil flow, this causes the rear track shocks to act very rigid and prevent any transfer. This causes minimal ski lift and allows the sled to climb significantly better then the other settings. There is a bypass in case of super hard hits so it will not damage the shock.

You crushed it with that post. Thanks!!!!

B
Feb 25, 2018
Thanks Wheel House Motorsports.. good explination.

Im going to soft my shocks and try.
Skies now 80->50
Fts now 45 ->55 or stay at 45
Rts now 140->120

Around 200 with gears on

Premium Features