• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2015 switchback pro s 800 check engine light at full throttle

B
Jan 6, 2019
Hi i recently got a 2015 switchback with the most blown up motor i had ever seen. I got a new motor and rebuilt it then swapped it for the blown up one. After breaking it in the only problem i seem to have is that at full throttle the check engine light will pop on and the throttle will cut out. if you let go of the throttle the check engine light will go out and the sled goes back to working normal. I have tried to find out how to pull codes but the info online about it isnt very good. i should also say it doesnt have a battery.
My guess is something is up with the throttle sensor but im open to any other suggestions before i go pulling it apart again.

B
Jan 6, 2019
i pulled a 51 which indicates throttle position sensor and a 3 which means voltage too high. i did find it odd that the hand warmers and high beam didnt work when idling but would as soon as you gave the sled any gas. Any ideas on how to adjust the tps?

Premium Features