• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Arctic cat 800 2013 runs bad! Help

Bozarth

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 15, 2008
Eureka MT
I don't agree with the comment on seafoam either. Back in the carb day's, I would have to go through carbs every fall. I started using seafoam and didn't have to clean carbs for years. I have been seafoaming gas before storage on every two stroke carburated/fuel injected engine I've owned since with no problems. I also use premium non ethanol fuel religiously. Ethanol is were most fuel ralated problems stem from especially if it sits for any period of time.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
non-e gas doesn't need sea foam imo. sitting for years in carbs maybe but these don't have carbs. and if they did you'd want to drain them first anyway.

Bozarth

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 15, 2008
Eureka MT
What is the problem with using seafoam in a fuel injected two stroke? I've owned seven fuel injected sleds and logged thousands of mountain riding miles, all seafoamed before storage. I've never had to replace any injectors, fuel pumps, pistons. Maybe I just got lucky but I'm definitely interested in any solid info on why not to use seafoam? Thanks

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
well I get up every morning and touch my nose 8 times for good luck and I haven't died yet, so tell my why I shouldn't do that.

S
Dec 7, 2007
Elkhorn NE
i would be willing to bet its the tps, you can make a tester to set and check with a phone charger, needs to 5 volts to test. Will also need to find volt range max and min from a maintenance manual.

Premium Features