• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Riding Banff

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
How is the riding near Banff? Any great places to stay? Looking to bring a group up to ride this winter.
Thanks in advance,
Luke

You have to drive West another 1.5 hours to Golden BC to ride anywhere close to Banff. Greenies have had Banff locked up for years. The snow in Golden can be good but it is a bit drier than some other BC areas. I would recommend Fernie over Golden if you are coming from the USA as it would be closer for you. If you are already West of Fernie try Nelson, Castlegar or farther North in Revelstoke.

There is some riding in Alberta too but is snow dependant as it is the driest of the bunch.

Revy is the most popular of the bunch.

4nite

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 14, 2009
Wyoming
trip north

I am also thinking about a trip up north to ride, never been there, it’s on my bucket list. I would be coming from Wyoming, have heard alot about Revy, done a pile of searching, reading, still not sure what would be best, we are not trail riders, there are four of us. we are not into motels, would prefer to all be under one roof, cooking our own meals, etc.I know sometimes that’s not possible. not knowing the area, a guide for at least part of our trip would be smart. any ideas would be appreciated, thanks!

T
Nov 11, 2008
I am also thinking about a trip up north to ride, never been there, it’s on my bucket list. I would be coming from Wyoming, have heard alot about Revy, done a pile of searching, reading, still not sure what would be best, we are not trail riders, there are four of us. we are not into motels, would prefer to all be under one roof, cooking our own meals, etc.I know sometimes that’s not possible. not knowing the area, a guide for at least part of our trip would be smart. any ideas would be appreciated, thanks!

Glacier house in Revelstoke has cabins you can rent with kitchens. You can ride right from the front doorstep depending on low snow conditions, otherwise you are 2-3 mins from the staging area. Guides are available at Glacier House.

Take advantage of your strong dollar and make the most of it!

4nite

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 14, 2009
Wyoming
Thanks for the info, Iwill check out the Glacier House. Low snow meaning , low altitude?

Premium Features