• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Been Getting "BAD GATEWAY" messages again... what gives?

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
attachment.php

Bad Gateway.jpg

zalez

Lifetime Membership
Jan 5, 2012
I received it twice but it was during the chat box install so I assumed it was because of that.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I received it twice but it was during the chat box install so I assumed it was because of that.
At that point YES, We caused that to happen on purpose, but it should only have lasted 5 minutes or so.

Trying to see why anyone would be seeing this today.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
The error is coming from the Primay Harris Server, which appears to have crashed. www.snowest.com

Trying to get them in to reboot it.

Our servers that run the forums are working just fine.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
where is my chat box..??...I don't use it but I read the other fella,s so its kinda nice to have..

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Multiple 502's and other errors while trying to bring up the forum from e-mail notifications, all in the last three or so days. All from the IPhone from memory?:frusty::frusty::frusty::frusty::frusty::frusty::frusty::frusty::frusty::frusty:

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
631292150_502_bad_gateway_crop_xlarge.png

This is crazy.
But its the DEAD CHAT BOX that is causing it!

This is so friking BIZARRE.

Even after turning the chat box software OFF and REMOVING the code from our server, we have about 100 users who are still connected to it. Guys that had an open screen 48 hours+ ago, that have NOT done anything on that browser page, but just left it connected.

Those guys are pinging the server about 90-100 times PER SECOND requesting chat box updates.

Thats generating something around 10,000 queries per second and placing a LOT of additional load on the servers! We THINK that is triggering the 502s right now.

We are going through all of the accounts and disconnecting them one at a time by hand right now.

Last edited:
Premium Features