• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08' Dragon: Altitude Display Problem

R

ronmexico78

Feb 28, 2008
I have an 08' Dragon RMK 700cc for 2 seasons now and all of a sudden the altitude display showed up on my display when i toggle through. However it never seems to move from the current altitude....??? Its stuck at the same altitude. ANyone know why this is......

(btw - when i press the 'down' button it switches between temperature and back to altitude)

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
I have an 08' Dragon RMK 700cc for 2 seasons now and all of a sudden the altitude display showed up on my display when i toggle through. However it never seems to move from the current altitude....??? Its stuck at the same altitude. ANyone know why this is......

(btw - when i press the 'down' button it switches between temperature and back to altitude)

Ron, it only works if you buy the sensor for it....its a plug and play setup once you buy the sensor kit..cost is about 100.00....I installed both the altitude sensor and the temp sensor..both plug right in....

C
Dec 9, 2007
CANADA
on my 08 700 RMK, the same thing happened to me after a couples of days of riding in very bad cold weather, there was ice everywhere and once I let it melt in the garage everything went fine.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
here is the kits...

$79.99 $79.99 CAN*

Available Online

Item #: 2875948

This kit consists of a wire harness that interfaces into the back of your sled's digital multifunction display. Once hooked up, the altitude indicator on your multifunction display will be activated.

n Part No
1 Sensor Gauge, Altimeter 2410445
1 Harness Jumper, Altimeter 2410821
2 Panduit Strap 7080138
1 Instructions 9920694
Application
All IQ models except those with 600 HO carb engine
Before you begin, read these instructions and check to be sure all parts and tools are accounted for. Please retain these installation instructions for future reference and parts ordering information.
KIT P/N 2875948
$39.99 $44.99 CAN*

Available Online

Item #: 287594
This kit consists of a wire harness that interfaces into the back of your sleds digital multifunction display. Once hooked up, the outside temperature indicator on your multifunction display will be activated.

chumbilly1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
here is the kits...

$79.99 $79.99 CAN*

Available Online

Item #: 2875948

This kit consists of a wire harness that interfaces into the back of your sled's digital multifunction display. Once hooked up, the altitude indicator on your multifunction display will be activated.

n Part No
1 Sensor Gauge, Altimeter 2410445
1 Harness Jumper, Altimeter 2410821
2 Panduit Strap 7080138
1 Instructions 9920694
Application
All IQ models except those with 600 HO carb engine
Before you begin, read these instructions and check to be sure all parts and tools are accounted for. Please retain these installation instructions for future reference and parts ordering information.
KIT P/N 2875948
$39.99 $44.99 CAN*

Available Online

Item #: 287594
This kit consists of a wire harness that interfaces into the back of your sleds digital multifunction display. Once hooked up, the outside temperature indicator on your multifunction display will be activated.

This is good info. I didn't even know this was available. Makes sense since the 05 900s had it. Does anyone have a multifunction gauge that will fit a 08 that they would like to sell. Mine still works but I broke all of the threaded studs off that the screws tap into.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
This is good info. I didn't even know this was available. Makes sense since the 05 900s had it. Does anyone have a multifunction gauge that will fit a 08 that they would like to sell. Mine still works but I broke all of the threaded studs off that the screws tap into.

they are nice...but the altimiter reads off about 200 ft of what 2 of my gps's do.(after calibrating it several times), but it is nice to be able to thumb to it while riding just to get an idea of elevation...same with the temp guage, if you are moving so it doesnt see engine/underhood heat it is pretty acurate...but if you stop for a few minutes then check it it will be a few degrees hotter...they also make the projector beam headlight..it works real good..illuminates much farther out then the stock lights....

Premium Features