• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2016 M6000 exhaust

B

Bkinz

May 14, 2009
Lewiston,ID
Does any company make a pipe setup for the new m6000s? All I can find is lightweight mufflers, no pipes.

WhiskeyTee

Lifetime Membership
Dec 12, 2013
Utah
SSI has a pip mod that they do to your existing pipe that is supposed to improve mid range to peak. Don't know of anyone that has tried it yet tho?

H
Oct 7, 2008
Ferndale,Wa.
I had the Pipe mod done on my wife's 600 but she hasn't been in the deep stuff to try it out yet. Also did some clutch stuff from them so it might be hard to tell if it was the pipe or the clutch that helped. It is a 2014 and I have been told to get it reflashed to latest code but haven't done that yet. Also did the Ti can to loose some weight.

H
Oct 7, 2008
Ferndale,Wa.
Had a chance to spend the day on the 6000 to test against a stock sled. Sled has a Ti can, SSI pipe mod, their clutch kit. No doubt sled runs better than stock. Was over rpm with what they suggested but with their adj weights that's no problem. I don't like the high engagement (4300) so need to take a look at the primary spring and make a call. Overall pleased with results as we needed to give this 600 some POP. Next up is a re flash at a dealer.

H
Oct 7, 2008
Ferndale,Wa.
Had a chance to spend the day on the 6000 to test against a stock sled. Sled has a Ti can, SSI pipe mod, their clutch kit. No doubt sled runs better than stock. Was over rpm with what they suggested but with their adj weights that's no problem. I don't like the high engagement (4300) so need to take a look at the primary spring and make a call. Overall pleased with results as we needed to give this 600 some POP. Next up is a re flash at a dealer.

Didn't get a chance to have the reflash done but spent several days on the snow after bringing the engagement down to 3600 and my wife has finally bonded with the M6000. I see that SSI has a new head for it and might do that later but honestly from stock to now it is a different sled, very quick and snappy. Also put the gripper ski's on and she noticed a difference in steering before I had told her she had new ski's.

WhiskeyTee

Lifetime Membership
Dec 12, 2013
Utah
Didn't get a chance to have the reflash done but spent several days on the snow after bringing the engagement down to 3600 and my wife has finally bonded with the M6000. I see that SSI has a new head for it and might do that later but honestly from stock to now it is a different sled, very quick and snappy. Also put the gripper ski's on and she noticed a difference in steering before I had told her she had new ski's.

What primary spring did you go with? I have an AC green but have not put it in yet.

richardderkevorkian

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2010
Soldotna AK

If you add weight for the over rev the engagement rpm will come down some.

What rpm are you guys shooting for? I've got mine turning 8050 and it seems to run good

H
Oct 7, 2008
Ferndale,Wa.
What primary spring did you go with? I have an AC green but have not put it in yet.

I used a black with gold that I had. Needed to add a couple shims to get it in the ballpark. It's been a while and don't remember target rpm but she is happy so I'm done playing with it other than code flash next week.

I saw they had a head for the 6000 but after the pipe mod and clutch kit I don't see a reason for the head.

h2arctic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Colorado
MGM belt drive

I put on the mountain valley belt drive and that really improved the deep snow response
Daughter hangs with the 800's all day

Speed Shop Inc.

Premium Member
Nov 4, 2009
Cannon Falls, MN
www.speedshopinc.com
pipe mods

Our pipe mods have been working very well. Dynotech research showed a 6 horsepower gain. We have been running them on our 2015 and 2016 Pro Lite's in Colorado a lot this season. The stock motor has a lot of extra fuel flow, on the rich side basically. So we have been also adding our Mountain Series Billet head along with the pipe mod. Big big gains! We keep adding clutch weight to the primary and it loves it. Running 66 grams at 10000-11000 feet! We have a very quick turn around time on the pipe mods, just a couple days. Billet heads are in stock too.
The 6000 has a lot of potential, they will really surprise you how strong they can run!

http://www.bd-xtreme.com/index.php?...id_shop=1&id_employee=3&theme_font=font7&n=55

H
Oct 7, 2008
Ferndale,Wa.
Our pipe mods have been working very well. Dynotech research showed a 6 horsepower gain. We have been running them on our 2015 and 2016 Pro Lite's in Colorado a lot this season. The stock motor has a lot of extra fuel flow, on the rich side basically. So we have been also adding our Mountain Series Billet head along with the pipe mod. Big big gains! We keep adding clutch weight to the primary and it loves it. Running 66 grams at 10000-11000 feet! We have a very quick turn around time on the pipe mods, just a couple days. Billet heads are in stock too.
The 6000 has a lot of potential, they will really surprise you how strong they can run!

http://www.bd-xtreme.com/index.php?...id_shop=1&id_employee=3&theme_font=font7&n=55

I have your pipe mod and clutch kit and would like to do the head but have a question on fueling. You mentioned they run rich as stock so I am assuming you do these hp adds without a fuel controller. Have you done it on all years? Mine is a 2014 and have been told there are a couple code updates, do I update or run the old code?

Speed Shop Inc.

Premium Member
Nov 4, 2009
Cannon Falls, MN
www.speedshopinc.com
I have your pipe mod and clutch kit and would like to do the head but have a question on fueling. You mentioned they run rich as stock so I am assuming you do these hp adds without a fuel controller. Have you done it on all years? Mine is a 2014 and have been told there are a couple code updates, do I update or run the old code?

We have done the pipe mods and heads on 2014-2016 models. We had a 2015 model that ran pretty rich a lower rpms and would gurgle a bit. With the head and pipe mod that went away.

WhiskeyTee

Lifetime Membership
Dec 12, 2013
Utah
We have done the pipe mods and heads on 2014-2016 models. We had a 2015 model that ran pretty rich a lower rpms and would gurgle a bit. With the head and pipe mod that went away.

So you don't run any fueling changes from factory wth the pipe and head mod? I think you said that, but you didn't actually say that!

Premium Features