• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Have turbo pc ??? I don't see much lately

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Just haven't seen a lot of turbo talk for the new PC lately. Does anyone know specifics on turbos being used lately. As far as sizing of housing, wheels, AR. etc... seems like I remembered the 2860 is a .82 ar but can't remember.

Anyone have any new info on whats working the best? Just haven't ran across any that didn't have serious lag.

R
Sep 12, 2010
I built a proclimb last year I got a late start and it was a lame season so I didn't ride it much. I used a twisted kit with a borg warner turbo and it spooled up shockingly quick compaired to the m1000 with the Garrett turbo which at the time I thought spooled up quick. With the borg warher the boost came on early and smooth all the way up. This is my first experience with a small block the last three sleds were big blocks so maby I'm comparing apples and oranges all I could say is I was quite satisfied with the turbo.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Where did you get the kit, I can't find anything from them. What fuel controller are you using?

Do you know how the turbo compares in size, is it like a 2860 or 2876....

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Can you guys give me some specs on all the measurements on the turbos you are using. Housing, wheels, Ar. etc...

Also application you use it on or for, model, boost, your opinion.

Would like to know more about the borg warner efr as well if anyone has experience.

Z

zr900turbo

Sep 21, 2009
I run a 2014 with a boondocker kit.
It has a garret GTX 2860 on it. i would think its a 0.68 AR.
I also have the boondocker tial upgrade with a tial external wastegate and tial housing + intercooler
I have a low compression head because i ride at sea level in norway. It spools fast and holds the boost steady. I have alot to go on clutching and tuning etc
Even though the sled just rips :face-icon-small-ton

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
I run a 2014 with a boondocker kit.
It has a garret GTX 2860 on it. i would think its a 0.68 AR.
I also have the boondocker tial upgrade with a tial external wastegate and tial housing + intercooler
I have a low compression head because i ride at sea level in norway. It spools fast and holds the boost steady. I have alot to go on clutching and tuning etc
Even though the sled just rips :face-icon-small-ton

Probably hard to compare from see level to 10k

C

carlc

Jan 23, 2008
helena mt
No lag with a supercharger! We put over 5k on six of them. These are what my pistons look like after 1200 miles of 8.5 lbs of boost pump fuel.
c63d42a673850b0a026d5547c4c5783f.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
You can tell there is a lot more blow by on those then a turbo. I'm sure it would work good for application though, just don't think it's what im looking for this time around

What's the weight added on a SC.

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
I would love to try that set up out If it is a workable set up it would be perfect for alot of people.

C

carlc

Jan 23, 2008
helena mt
You can tell there is a lot more blow by on those then a turbo. I'm sure it would work good for application though, just don't think it's what im looking for this time around

What's the weight added on a SC.
We have a lot of other pistons from pump gas turbos I will try to find that look a lot worse. She these first came out a couple years ago, you were on here non stop saying they can never work on a 2 stroke and being a complete negative Nancy about them. Well they do work, they work great, they are in fact a great value if you compare apples to apples, as the speedwerx base price includes a full pipe setup and water to air intercooler. You really need to try one before you push it aside. 1 lb of boost at clutch engagement, direct lineal boost curve, 225 horsepower on pump gas. No blood of valve, wastegste, etc, no oil pump. There are lots of advantages. I will be traveling around quite a bit this year with one for people to demo, I promise you will be impressed.

I believe they add about 8 lbs over a 100% stock sled

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
We have a lot of other pistons from pump gas turbos I will try to find that look a lot worse. She these first came out a couple years ago, you were on here non stop saying they can never work on a 2 stroke and being a complete negative Nancy about them. Well they do work, they work great, they are in fact a great value if you compare apples to apples, as the speedwerx base price includes a full pipe setup and water to air intercooler. You really need to try one before you push it aside. 1 lb of boost at clutch engagement, direct lineal boost curve, 225 horsepower on pump gas. No blood of valve, wastegste, etc, no oil pump. There are lots of advantages. I will be traveling around quite a bit this year with one for people to demo, I promise you will be impressed.

I believe they add about 8 lbs over a 100% stock sled

Stop whining, what I said was they are not working on a level of reliability and that I would wait until its figured out more. They have come a long way in a few years (what I expected) we have a guy installing one now. I also know that when turned up they are still not perfected and some have gone down. Its no different then back in 07-09 with turbos, the guys that knew what to do loved turbos but the average person,,, it could be great or a knightmare. That is what I said, seems like they are pretty solid for up to 6-7lbs. for the average person! I don't see the value in a 7500 SC. You want to give me one, I'd be more than happy to "try" it out.

My turbo pistons never looked like that, no where close up to 12lbs on 800 2871.

Although,
I would like to see a pressure valve system that controls exhaust backpressure against boost pressure.
That would be cool to see what you could do with it.

So before you go taking my words out of context again make sure you understand what I am saying. I'm 100% sure if I wanted to I could make them work and probably better then most with more boost. But for someone with no clue what they are doing to bolt one on and turn it to 12lbs,,, well then its all about luck.

Make Sense.

But like I said I would be more than happy to play with one if your going to provide one.

C

carlc

Jan 23, 2008
helena mt
Not whining, just stating our experience, and you asked about what people are doing. Also, you posted about terrible lag, again, telling you my experience. The average person actually can ride one of these, and we have a customer who is 65 and has lots of miles on his. Of course it is not the "extreme" riding that you are known for, but no one in the industry will be able to test one to that extreme unless it is you, we all know that. And there is no need for the pipe back pressure, I'm sure if speedwerx wanted it they could have done it. Just don't knock something until you actually try it. Then you can legitimately post you opinion, just as you asked for in this thread.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Not whining, just stating our experience, and you asked about what people are doing. Also, you posted about terrible lag, again, telling you my experience. The average person actually can ride one of these, and we have a customer who is 65 and has lots of miles on his. Of course it is not the "extreme" riding that you are known for, but no one in the industry will be able to test one to that extreme unless it is you, we all know that. And there is no need for the pipe back pressure, I'm sure if speedwerx wanted it they could have done it. Just don't knock something until you actually try it. Then you can legitimately post you opinion, just as you asked for in this thread.

Haven't knocked the SC running 6-8lbs this year other than price, your bringing up stuff from way back and talking like it's current. Maybe if you look at it instead of trying to push product you could see it. I asked about turbos!

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
I know this got a little off the topic of turbos, but since the supercharger question came up I gotta ask. Is the speedwerx exhaust that comes with the supercharger different than what they sell for a normally aspirated sled? Something different in the exhaust to control back pressure and/or blow threw with the SC? If there is more blow threw than a turbo, I would assume the fuel economy is much worse than a turbo?

Back to the turbo question. Have a few guys with silber, boondocker and CPC turbos on thier proclimbs. When set up right they are all very happy with how they run, ease of tuning and reliability. The CPC and BD both run 2860, not sure about the turbo on the silber.

Last edited:
K

knifedge

Dec 20, 2009
Colorado
--Have not ridden a SC, but with regard to fuel mileage, it would seem the added linear torque and HP would help compensate for fuel mileage...

B

Brutus

Nov 14, 2008
Helena MT
I've been on and around the sc sleds. Speedwerx has their product figured out now and are continually looking for ways to make it better. This years kit has exhaust refinement and a water to air inter cooler and belt driven pulley. The fuel economy isn't any worse than my 925 big bore or any turbo sled I've owned compared to the sc.

Max I'm betting the pipe for the sc is different than their stage 2 pipe for the m8000. Don't know 100% but after hearing and reading about the pipe and exhaust improvements to this years kit, I'm betting they are.

Back to wyo's question... I have been sniffing around on this topic as well and just don't see much anymore. I have ran the cutlers turbo kits on my sleds. It's always worked. My last m8 had the 2871 turbo. I'd prob prefer smaller on next turbo if I went that direction. It did feel a bit laggy on bottom.

I like what I see with impulse turbos.... From what I have read and watched. Never ridden one... Don't see that they make a kit for ac. They are big in the doo world and now I see poo this year. I would like to see more from this company. At this point in the game if I went back to boost I would go with the sc unless impulse came out with a kit for the m8000. I would consider it.

Bru

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
So from what I can tell is there really isn't much info other than sibler cpc and bd. I've been around sibler and bd and wasn't really impressed. I was more impressed with the 2011 turbos. All the ones I see know feel like it takes 5 seconds to hit boost, not really laggy just takes a while to hit. Even my 09 non HO kicked in harder.

Premium Features