• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Push or BD?

w2bridin

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2008
nd
You have ran the ovs PROCLIMB kit? I am just wondering because I have been trying to decide which kit to put on my PC but a month ago when I asked on here about ovs PC kit it was dead silent other than Uncle Bob. Most of the Push complaints are people that ordered direct from Push which is a big NO NO.

Well I've read 3x the complaints on the push kit over the ovs but I'm not in here keeping count I'm just recommending something I know works. Everyone has their own opinion. Just sayin

H

Hillclimbpro

Feb 11, 2010
Gillette, WY
You have ran the ovs PROCLIMB kit? I am just wondering because I have been trying to decide which kit to put on my PC but a month ago when I asked on here about ovs PC kit it was dead silent other than Uncle Bob. Most of the Push complaints are people that ordered direct from Push which is a big NO NO.

No I have not ran the proclimb kit but I can't imagine it running totally different from their M kits cause the motor is the same just different chassis. Did you call Garr or Travis and talk to them about it or are you just going off what people say on the net? You don't hear too many complaints on ovs cause there isn't any and you don't hear too many good things about them because the people are too busy having fun on their ovs kits to be on the computer. I'm not knocking on push or anyone else. Just have read a lot of bad about others compared to ovs.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
I can find 3x more people happy with the proclimb push kit over the ovs. Just saying

I've got buddies from your area with Push setups that won't post about it on here, but are very much not happy with the push setup.

I'm POSITIVE there are people from EACH company that are in the same boat though, some are the reason for their own issues, some likely have legit issues... hard to say.

If I had to choose, I'd go with who you have a relationship with though. THE SUPPORT (and having hands on support is huge) is the reason to go one way or the other.

K
Dec 19, 2010
bozeman mt
I just got the bd tial kit installed on my 13 proclimb. I only have one ride on it but I haven't had to touch anything on it. And the side exhaust is pretty cool ha. I do like how adjustable the tuning is and how it increases/decreases boost depending on elevation automatically. And if you want lower boost all you do is push a button. Oh and they've answered there phone every time ive called.

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
I hear their is a couple twisted kits out there on 2014 cats. If your interested, Give Shaine a call and ask. (801) 668-6344

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
Tell Jeff to setup that 2014 Push and bring it out for a head to head on your BD, tell him if it really is that much better you will take it off his hands right then and there. You need proof, simple as that.

T

Tony skagen

Dec 17, 2010
Ill put in my 2cents i guess. Im running my first turbo sled this year,the sled was originally set up by vohk with a BD kit, But I have to say Sam at boondocker has been GREAT with support and help getting it to run they way I want. When the others just say bring in the sled and we'll tune it for you,even when Im two states away!! Great customer service at Boondocker!!

S

summit-x

Mar 3, 2008
Central,ND
I hear ya there. That's a good idea I should tell him I want to ride one before I'm sold on it to compare it to my boondocker. I get along with Jeff and Jared great so it's just a toss up between the 2 on what to do on the next build

U

Uncle Bob

Feb 15, 2011
lol even the guys that are saying good things about push are admitting to carrying their laptops with them and worrying about being able to get ahold of people to fix it. I honestly havnt touched my box since install last year. but you must decide for yuself. but if you get a push, we don't want to here about . you where told. this is by no means a shot at jeff, I don't know him but have heard he does good work. hea lso used to deal ovs I believe, worth looking into

T

Tenner

Nov 1, 2012
I Will throw another vote out there for OVS. I have my first turbo and it has a RG kit from them...its an 08 M8. I have had a ton of questions for Travis...He has answered every time. Some of my questions are dumb I am sure, but he just answers them.

I have never seen a Push kit run on a PC but I will tell you one for the hardest running M8s I have ever seen was a Push on a 2010.

Vertical-Extreme

Lifetime Membership
Sep 15, 2008
Airdrie, Alberta
www.airdriejudo.ca

This right here is the reason I would NEVER buy a push kit. if it was an honestly good running quality turbo kit, it should not matter if you buy it off a guy on a street corner. Tell me this, what is the difference between the kit the Dakota sells vs the kit the push sells directly? should be nothing, so why don't the ones push sell run right? Are they that complicated that the average user can't set them up to run right? if that is the case I wouldn't want anything to do with one. With any kit the quality and time put into the install makes all the difference in the world, and it shouldn't matter who does it, as long as it is done right. I'm out of the turbo game right now, but it drives me nuts when guys say the push is an amazing kit, you just can't buy it from the guy who designed and built it. that SHOULD be the best person to buy from.

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
This right here is the reason I would NEVER buy a push kit. if it was an honestly good running quality turbo kit, it should not matter if you buy it off a guy on a street corner. Tell me this, what is the difference between the kit the Dakota sells vs the kit the push sells directly? should be nothing, so why don't the ones push sell run right? Are they that complicated that the average user can't set them up to run right? if that is the case I wouldn't want anything to do with one. With any kit the quality and time put into the install makes all the difference in the world, and it shouldn't matter who does it, as long as it is done right. I'm out of the turbo game right now, but it drives me nuts when guys say the push is an amazing kit, you just can't buy it from the guy who designed and built it. that SHOULD be the best person to buy from.

I'm not sure exactly why it's like right now but I know for the kit that came with my sled it comes with an attitude box (push) while the one Jeff sold comes with a pcv and fuel pressure accelerator. There are differences, he does not sell the exactly same kit as far as I know. Someone correct me if I'm wrong

akMcat

Lifetime Membership
Apr 24, 2008
Fort Collins, CO
I'm not sure exactly why it's like right now but I know for the kit that came with my sled it comes with an attitude box (push) while the one Jeff sold comes with a pcv and fuel pressure accelerator. There are differences, he does not sell the exactly same kit as far as I know. Someone correct me if I'm wrong

The Push kits for the M-series are a completely different kit than the ones for the newer Proclimbs. Not even close to the same thing. The only thing that looks to be the same is the 3rd injector in the charge tube. Different turbo, Vipec ecu, throttle body before the turbo, no 1-1 fuel regulator, unless Jeff is modifying the kit a bunch, the new ones are totally different.

Last edited:

akMcat

Lifetime Membership
Apr 24, 2008
Fort Collins, CO
But does Jeff sell an identical kit as what push puts out is the real question!?

I can't say for sure, but I think he would have mentioned it. I've talked to him a handful of times, and emailed back and forth a bunch about getting mine running since last spring.

P

Paul Tupper

Mar 19, 2008
Maple Ridge, BC
BD all the way. My first turbo and install on a 14. Plug and play. Same great service from BD. Only one little complaint the new exhaust melted the **** out my side panel. Maybe install issue. Self clearance I call it. Lol

20131123_134732.jpg 20131124_182559.jpg

Premium Features