• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Push or BD?

S

summit-x

Mar 3, 2008
Central,ND
Push or boondocker? I'm running boondockers 2860 kit right now. Wanting to upgrade to a 14. What turbo kit do u guys recommend stay with bd or try push?

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
If you buy push buy from Jeff at Dakota performance or from MMSports, whatever you do, DO NOT buy directly from push, you will not be happy if you do.

I cant say which to go with though, just thought id share some important info that you probably already knew.

S

summit-x

Mar 3, 2008
Central,ND
Yeah Jeff's trying to talk me into selling my 13 bd and buying a 14 and outing a push kit on. Just looking for some more input

akMcat

Lifetime Membership
Apr 24, 2008
Fort Collins, CO
If you're right there next to Dakota Performance I wouldn't think twice about doing the Push. The fit and finish of the kit is awesome but it has been a pain in the rear to get my Push kit going without having a dealer close by to work with. If you want adjustability though I wouldn't do a Push because it's a hassle to change boost levels. If I had to do it again, I would have done the high end boondocker kit, the price is about the same as the TIAL Push kit, I would be able to tune it myself, and BD told me at the time I would have had my kit in 2 weeks instead of waiting all season for it to show up.

w2bridin

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2008
nd
smmit x

summit x I tried to send you PM but your box is full

HCR10

Premium Member
Jan 21, 2011
Draper UT
www.comfortchampions.com
I have a 12 with a cutler race gas a 13 with a boondocker/tail and my brother is running a 13 with a push. That being said if I was doing a 14 it would have another boondocker easy install runs spot on everytime and customer support is always there. As for power they all run really good but the boondocker was spot on from day one and the other two took some time to get running right.

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
I have a 12 with a cutler race gas a 13 with a boondocker/tail and my brother is running a 13 with a push. That being said if I was doing a 14 it would have another boondocker easy install runs spot on everytime and customer support is always there. As for power they all run really good but the boondocker was spot on from day one and the other two took some time to get running right.

You have to keep in mind he would be getting it from Jeff who knows what he's doing and knows how to get these things running great.

I say make Jeff give you some sort of guaranty you'll have a pull and go sled within a few rides and do it.

S

summit-x

Mar 3, 2008
Central,ND
I'm between a rock and hard place. Believe it or not I have access to Jeff at Dakota and Jared at boondocker pretty easy. Jeff little easier being he's only hour away from me and I buy all my sleds and side by side from him. I have the low end bd kit now my first turbo sled. Wanting to get a 14 and upgrade to tial kit. Jeff's trying to talk m into having him set up a push kit claiming it will walk on a bd kit. I just want alittle info on these push kits. Are they pull and go like my bd kit is? Thanks guys

S

summit-x

Mar 3, 2008
Central,ND
Did twisted turbo go under or something? I haven't heard a single thing from them on these new proclimbs

C

carlc

Jan 23, 2008
helena mt
Push will not walk on a boondocker kit. Period. I have been around tons of Jeff's stuff, we had the very first push m with a power commander from him. When his stuff runs, it runs. But there have been days and weeks that we have needed a part or tuning from him and not being able to get ahold if him. Vipec is the same way now, you have a rich spot, get ahold of Jeff and have him adjust it via the inter web instead of just pushing a few #s on a boony box. That said, his big bore with vipec has ran incredibly this year. But so has my boondocker for two seasons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
Push will not walk on a boondocker kit. Period. I have been around tons of Jeff's stuff, we had the very first push m with a power commander from him. When his stuff runs, it runs. But there have been days and weeks that we have needed a part or tuning from him and not being able to get ahold if him. Vipec is the same way now, you have a rich spot, get ahold of Jeff and have him adjust it via the inter web instead of just pushing a few #s on a boony box. That said, his big bore with vipec has ran incredibly this year. But so has my boondocker for two seasons

Ive been having a computer in my backpack on rides and yes its not as convenient but theres no reason you cant do it yourself and do it well.

C

carlc

Jan 23, 2008
helena mt
Ive been having a computer in my backpack on rides and yes its not as convenient but theres no reason you cant do it yourself and do it well.

You have vipec or power commander? To my understanding very few people have access to adjust a map or even clear a dtc with vipec. And the guy running this big bore has been a test dummy for Jeff for years, and doesn't have the ability to adjust it

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
You have vipec or power commander? To my understanding very few people have access to adjust a map or even clear a dtc with vipec. And the guy running this big bore has been a test dummy for Jeff for years, and doesn't have the ability to adjust it

Power commander

H

Hillclimbpro

Feb 11, 2010
Gillette, WY
I would say at least give Garr at OVS a call and see what he has to offer. Verry well thought out kit with great fit and finish. I run their tial rg kit on my 09' m8 and it flat out rips.

w2bridin

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2008
nd
I can find 3x more people happy with the proclimb push kit over the ovs. Just saying

H

Hillclimbpro

Feb 11, 2010
Gillette, WY
Well I've read 3x the complaints on the push kit over the ovs but I'm not in here keeping count I'm just recommending something I know works. Everyone has their own opinion. Just sayin

akMcat

Lifetime Membership
Apr 24, 2008
Fort Collins, CO

I have the vipec on mine and have the ability to adjust it myself, it just cost me some extra $$ to get him to send me the unlocked map. The VTS tuning software is a little intimidating at first but I am getting more comfortable with it. It sucks that any push turbo users have to do anything at all to the maps since the main reason I went with push was in the writeup on Push's website. No tuning and just worry about riding and not pushing buttons, which has not been the case.

On another note Push is advertising his TIAL kit with a 28-73 turbo. Tial exhaust and an 73mm HTA billet compressor and housing. I got to looking the other day and stamped on my compressor housing it says "HTA 71" so unless I don't understand compressor sizing it's not the same turbo he is advertising.

Premium Features