• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris Tech Tips - Voltage Regulator and ECU Tech Bulletin

T
Jan 7, 2013
canada
Hey Guys,

Attached is the Official Polaris Tech-Tips paper for the VR and ECU Problem. I've been chasing this problem around my sled for a few winters now and have never seen this on any forums. Hope it helps some of you and thanks to the tech at a local Calgary Polaris dealership who gave-up the info when no one else would help. Cheers!

Tucker

IMG_00000057.jpg

J
Apr 5, 2008
LEWISTON,ID
Thanks for posting. I just had to replace my Voltage Regulator,ECU and Stator :( they did not fail in the normal procession that I have seen most others fail. I am tempted to have a sticker made for all the Dragon owners to place on there sleds "Golden Dragon" that is the name my wife came up with after putting more money into last weekend!

T
Jan 7, 2013
canada
Have you run the sled since you replaced all those electronics? mine goes into the shop on the 1st. i tried for a few seasons now to work it out myself to no avail. Hope you get er dialed!

J
Apr 5, 2008
LEWISTON,ID
I have not had it on the snow but after I tried and tried to figure it out on my own had Carl's Cycle look at it for me and they have deemed it cured. Mine started with a bog when i would get over 6500 RPM's it was like you were shutting it off until the RPM's dropped. Would idle and start normal. Well after a new stator it still had a stumble in it so they put a new ECU and voltage regulator in it and seems to of taken care of the problem. Hopefully the "Golden Dragon" will run as good as it did before. Good luck with yours.

Premium Features