• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

OVS Timing Retard Filter (TRF)

P

Pure Logic Tuning

Dec 3, 2007
www.purelogictuning.com
OVS has a TRF unit that will retard the timing on the M-8 and M-1000. This unit will allow Turbo riders to run more boost on all octane rating. The TRF is $80.00. The unit is plug and play. Contact Travis-801-940-7777 or Garr 801-791-0403 to get your TRF on order.

C

catmanm7

Nov 29, 2007
Travis/ Garr. - on the m7s that you have converted over to the m8 ccu, is there a way to make this work on the M7 at all?

P

Pure Logic Tuning

Dec 3, 2007
www.purelogictuning.com
I will have to test the unit on the M7 but should not be a problem. The unit does the exact same thing as the other company that is oddering a module for alot less money. I will not name names.

M

m8matt

Nov 26, 2007
I asked this question on another thread and can't seem to find it. How much test time do you have on this product?

P

Pure Logic Tuning

Dec 3, 2007
www.purelogictuning.com
The components in the TRF are basic components that are found in many electronics and run thousands of hours more than are sleds will ever run. The timing module was developed for people that want to run more boost on the same fuel that they are running. Lets say rider A is running 7psi of boost on 91 octane pump gas and rider B is running 10psi on the same 91 octane pump gas with the TRF. Rider A is making 200hp and rider B is making 210hp and they are running the same fuel. This is what the TRF will allow riders to accomplish is to run more boost without detonation on the same fuel that they have been running. We have tested the timing retard last year and it does allow riders to do exactly what it was designed to do lower the timing progressivley from midrange to top end rpm.

B

bradburck

Jan 13, 2008
Colorado
Info

Give us a bit of info on 2vs 3 degree. Got an 09 pump gas kit from the another company. If I understand correct 3 will pull more timing. I've been running 9.5 lbs on 91 with 2 gal of race. So you're saying maybe 11-12 lbs with same mix? Should I go 2 or 3 then? Thanks for the help.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Good info Travis, thanks.

Ditto on the 2/3 deg option, who/ where would need one vs the other?

What would be the reasoning to buy one over the other?

As a high alt rider, running higher boost, which one would make more sense for me? (cause it's ALL about ME...:face-icon-small-win)

harf69

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
If I understand it u can run higher boost but on a pump gas u still need to take in account injector duty cycle

O
Dec 1, 2008
Bozeman, MT
If I understand it u can run higher boost but on a pump gas u still need to take in account injector duty cycle

You're mixing two things together :)

If your injectors aren't large enough to support the extra airflow thats one problem (and certainly one you could encounter if you are already on the ragged edge)

The ability to run that higher level of boost however, is accomplished by backing out the timing a bit, thus staving off detonation and allowing for a higher mass flow rate, or in short, letting you turn up the boost :face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features