• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Programmable Standalone ECU for M8

Y
Sep 6, 2008
WORLD
www.brani.org
just few updates from last few weeks
there are now more then 6k miles and more then 2k hours, behind us and it is amazing.

M8, M1100T, Polaris Dragon 8, and Prormk 8 are sleds that are running now with the standalone. i love the new M1100T really cool.

knock sensor alarm is now available on two stroke as light and 95db "beep" on 4 stroke it is a old story

ECU:
- all the dealer and customers response was, they do not want a piggyback or any other not unserious controller. they want a standalone. then standalone is giving much more security. so we just push the standalone forward and drop other projects.
- the programmable ecu is running now with lunch control and pre-boost function. that are nice features but really crazy to handle. there are so many features that i am not able to write it down here
- LCD, the ecu has now a small lcd (look to the pic) that can be mounted somewhere where the drive can see what is going on in the engine.
- there is a function included where the driver can see the efficiency of the inter-cooler which should be a nice feature for the hillclimb guys.
- 2 map function is available. switch is optional. the drive can chose between two maps. we think about more maps but for the mountain riders two are enough.
- a lot of options will be available. USB or Bluetooth management.

the ecu will be available from our dealers in US and Canada.
we are still looking for dealers to be able to cover all areas, the final list of serious dealers we will published in next weeks. before we start the full production.

thx

lcd-info1.jpg

Y
Sep 6, 2008
WORLD
www.brani.org
end customer price? 1000 - 1300. depend on what options you buy.

i hope we are able to release a transmitter box until September. that allow you to control the engine while some one drive the sled. it works up to 600m clear view.

ecu is already running on BD m8 and pro rmk and we have two box running on a OVS and push turbo

all turbos are running with boost solenoid then it allow us to tune the boost perfect. also the barometric correction is a nice stuff.

om my private m8 2011 with BD kit, i am running 12 psi on sea level with 770cc injectors and a new timing map.
on a stock 2011 HCR the modified ignition and fuel map are producing 174 hp on crankshaft. i was not able to run any test on a aftermarket pipe.

by the way. the future of a m8 turbo kit is a single TB. it allow more power on lower elevation and it allow better tuning.

my favorite actually is the pro rmk :) (who care about the emissions?)
i am getting the power addict head soon.
slp pipe, v-force, team clutch, new intake few little mods and ecu with a new igni and fuel map, produce at peak 179 with the new head and map update i bet 183-185. by the way "on pump gas"

J
Jan 9, 2009
North of Norway
om my private m8 2011 with BD kit, i am running 12 psi on sea level with 770cc injectors and a new timing map.
on a stock 2011 HCR the modified ignition and fuel map are producing 174 hp on crankshaft. i was not able to run any test on a aftermarket pipe.

Have you dynoed your M8 @ 12 psi?
What head and CR are the ecu maped for?
When and where can I order a complete plug n play ecu with map and for use at sealevel? How do you controll boost?

Last edited:
G

Going West

Nov 30, 2007
Canada
Keep up the good work. If this ECU works half as good as it sounds you will be very busy.

Y
Sep 6, 2008
WORLD
www.brani.org
yes we run the engines on dyno. only the engine without the chassis.
also our dyno is running on german DIN 70020 standard it is 99% similar to SAE J1349 in US. Cheating HP on dyno is very popular, so we measure everything under one standard.

the posting i made last few days was only a update. i have to wat 5 weeks before i can post some videos and some tech details.

to your question.

we control boost by a boost solenoid. and there is a barometric sensor who control the elevation, so we make sure you have at every elevation perfect a/fr.

my biggest concern now are all those security features we have to include to protect our self and to protect the dealer.
lean out protection, over boost, rev limiter with hard and soft cut, .....

we give our best to have plug and play solutions but some small changes need to be done by our dealers or customers. (depend on elevation, fuel, turbocharger, .....)

www.brani.org

Have you dynoed your M8 @ 12 psi?
When and where can I order a complete plug n play ecu with map and for use at sealevel? How do you controll boost?

S

sledstew

Nov 2, 2004
Mandan, ND
www.themildtowild.com
Just a little input, the standalone ECU is possible with way less cash than 1000-1300, Ive done it on a 1400 watercraft triple, I too have been building an EFI system/ECU system from a 4 stroke onto a 2 stroker from scratch and can tell you there is alot of complications on the standalone end. The end result is awesome but the knowledge it takes to set it up right by the customers is going to be the hard part. We are looking into some awesome stuff right now and it will be in the $700-$800 range, plug and play standalone good for up to 45 psi boost,timing the whole works,rev limiters etc. etc>. Very good post!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Daltech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 25, 2008
North Norway
Just a little input, the standalone ECU is possible with way less cash than 1000-1300, Ive done it on a 1400 watercraft triple, I too have been building an EFI system/ECU system from a 4 stroke onto a 2 stroker from scratch and can tell you there is alot of complications on the standalone end. The end result is awesome but the knowledge it takes to set it up right by the customers is going to be the hard part. We are looking into some awesome stuff right now and it will be in the $700-$800 range, plug and play standalone good for up to 45 psi boost,timing the whole works,rev limiters etc. etc>. Very good post!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This will plug into your original wiring harness. It will keep your instrument working. It will keep your electrical reverse working. That is worth a bit if you ask me.

Y
Sep 6, 2008
WORLD
www.brani.org
that is not what we are doing or looking for.
our limit is 21psi, and i prefer quality.

S

sledstew

Nov 2, 2004
Mandan, ND
www.themildtowild.com
that is not what we are doing or looking for.
our limit is 21psi, and i prefer quality.

How many hours of testing do you have into your quality product because we have well over 3 years into this software setup???? Not saying yours is not well worth it I am just saying its very easily accomplished with less coin for the consumer.

G

Going West

Nov 30, 2007
Canada
I say, the more the merrier. Sounds like we could have some very good products for next year, maybe the age of efi is finally really starting.

Y
Sep 6, 2008
WORLD
www.brani.org
i think actually there are 9- 10.000 miles
and few hundred hours on simulator and virt-dyno.

the ecu exist more then a year now, but it is a low priority product. if you buy 600 of them i will move it immediately to high priority. not sure if you understand how product release work.
if i would sell it only in US, i would release it last year. but our main market is EU and product release standards are different, even if it is a aftermarket product. There are some rules that need to be followed.

How many hours of testing do you have into your quality product because we have well over 3 years into this software setup???? Not saying yours is not well worth it I am just saying its very easily accomplished with less coin for the consumer.

Premium Features