• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Skinz Front Bumper

D

dmaxd2500

Sep 29, 2009
G WYO
Does anybody have a spare Skinz front bumper they'd like to get rid of? I ordered one from WPS but they won't have any till 12/24 which means I won't get it till NEXT YEAR! I just can't wait that long. Let me know if you can help. Thanks, Sonny

Last edited:

Sxrlar

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
Check with Paul at Sledsolutions, see if he has one in stock. If he does, cancel your order with WPS, and get it from Paul.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Check with treedog on the forum here if you're looking for a bumper for a 2005-2008. I own both and there's no comparison.

H
Jan 9, 2008
Woodland, WA
what year IQ..

if you need an 09..here is one that ended on ebay...great price...get ahold of the seller and work something out..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0211313464&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT

if you need an 05-08..definately Paul and SledSolutions...he is a STAND up guy..

Or if it's an 05-08, you could buy the 09 bumper and that would give you an excuse to update the plastics;) I just got 2 of the Skinz bumpers in the mail today...WPS said they were out but my buddy (see signature) got ahold of Skinz directly and I had them a few days later. Give Billy at HSS a try, he's a great person to deal with:)

D

dmaxd2500

Sep 29, 2009
G WYO
Check with treedog on the forum here if you're looking for a bumper for a 2005-2008. I own both and there's no comparison.

I have an 05 900. So treedog's is better? What's the price?

I've checked the sledsolutions website but they're out of stock. Should I call Paul anyways? Or contact WPS or Skinz?

Last edited:
D

dmaxd2500

Sep 29, 2009
G WYO
Or if it's an 05-08, you could buy the 09 bumper and that would give you an excuse to update the plastics;) I just got 2 of the Skinz bumpers in the mail today...WPS said they were out but my buddy (see signature) got ahold of Skinz directly and I had them a few days later. Give Billy at HSS a try, he's a great person to deal with:)

LOL....I better get a season ridin this monster under my belt before I put new plastics on. Right now I need a real tough bumper:D! You just got 2 eh? Could I talk you out of one?:rose:

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
The skinz is definitley a nice piece... I mowed down a 2 inch thick tree this saturday while climbing (had nowhere else to go) and I didn't even think twice about it:D

I hope you can find one soon.:beer;

D

dmaxd2500

Sep 29, 2009
G WYO
The skinz is definitley a nice piece... I mowed down a 2 inch thick tree this saturday while climbing (had nowhere else to go) and I didn't even think twice about it:D

I hope you can find one soon.:beer;

Just gotta rub it in don't ya. You got a bumper AND you're able to use it already. I'm so jealous. It would have been nice if my dealer would have told me these things were backordered when I ordered it TWO WEEKS ago:mad:!

Thanks 94, I'll find somethin. Couple of 2x4's, duct tape, mechanic's wire.

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Just gotta rub it in don't ya. You got a bumper AND you're able to use it already. I'm so jealous. It would have been nice if my dealer would have told me these things were backordered when I ordered it TWO WEEKS ago:mad:!

Thanks 94, I'll find somethin. Couple of 2x4's, duct tape, mechanic's wire.

hahaha, sorry, was just trying to site a good example...:beer;

Liking the 2x4 idea also:D:D

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Or if it's an 05-08, you could buy the 09 bumper and that would give you an excuse to update the plastics;

The 09 SKINZ bumper upper mount tabs bolts to the very thin brackets that support the 09 style sway bar so the 09 plastics wouldn't be a factor. The lower bumper mount tabs bolt to the lower brackets that come off a-arm tabs. With all due respect, it's because of this mounting design that I don't feel that the SKINZ bumper will ever match the strength that the treedog bumper provides on 05-08 IQ"s. Treedog's bumper bolts DIRECTLY to the a-arm bolts. Now if Toby would just make a real bumper for an 09!

The SKINZ bumper on the 09's is clean, but due to the mounting design using the stock very thin brackets, it doesn't provide NEAR the strength that it could. I watched a treedog bumper SAVE a poo 900 from extinction last season after many endo flips off the rocks. Besides bending the bumper, cracking the hood, beding the pipe and bars, the sled was perfect.

Contact treedog here on the forum.

B
Nov 27, 2007
I believe Royal is at 169.00 or there abouts for the Skinz piece for older IQ chassis that lists for around $200.00 from other suppliers. Pretty sweet deal for peps in the US with the exchange rates.

B

benamen

Feb 21, 2008
Western Canada
Royal has the best pricing in Canada but has no stock. I have waited a couple of months for the black model, but decided not to wait any longer and grabbed their last polished model. No ETA on their next shipment was the word I received yesterday.

D

dmaxd2500

Sep 29, 2009
G WYO
Just ordered a Skinz from Paul at Sled Solutions. Thanks Paul, and thanks for all the input and suggestions from everybody, I really appreciate it. Sonny

Premium Features