• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Twisted Turbo Pump Gas M1000

P

product tester

Nov 27, 2007
cc I rode your sled yesterday that thing rips rode an m8 at 15#s the day before and I would say they are pretty close the m 1000 at 5#s is alot of sled .

M

Mcx Nytro

Nov 26, 2007
Vernon BC
that much difference???Wow..What about the handling of the 1000 compared to the 8, Have you tested the new M8 even stock? Sounds like only a few ponies difference yet much less weight..any comments???Thanks Terry

P

product tester

Nov 27, 2007
have not been on the new m8 , the 1000 is deffantly harder to handle but the tourqe is very forgiving I will have one of each next year!!!!!!!!

Ken Climb

Premium Member
Yes it was you told me to say that.....Just kidding so what the deal for next year,,how big you gonna go after riding the beastly you had? Terry
I'm leaning towards a BD pump gas Dragon with small intercooler. 12lb's 100ll and no need to mess with different injectors with the dragon......thats a plus in my books! The Dragon has No lag...None! Instant throttle response.
Now if I could just learn how to ride one.;) They're a little snakey some how but I'm sure with a few little tweaks I'll get used to it.

M

Mcx Nytro

Nov 26, 2007
Vernon BC
cc I rode your sled yesterday that thing rips rode an m8 at 15#s the day before and I would say they are pretty close the m 1000 at 5#s is alot of sled .

So what can a guy expect for hp out the M8 @ 15 lbs for hp??? You must have to run race fuel at that boost??How about av gas??how high can you go and how much hp? Thanks Much too much scary stuff in the poo forums to run the dragon for me..I will wait until Ken tries it out for a while:D

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Deleted, wrong place.

Last edited:
P

product tester

Nov 27, 2007
I thought the m8 stock injectors were only good to 9lbs or so? Actually I'm pretty sure they do.

they run 10 consistantly and there are guys running them higher but I dont recomend it .
10 #s with single injectors
wont make the power that dual injectors make at the same boost.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
they run 10 consistantly and there are guys running them higher but I dont recomend it .
10 #s with single injectors
wont make the power that dual injectors make at the same boost.

So you feel that even at 10-11 psi where we're 3 lbs below where we run out of fuel that we're not getting optimal power from our injectors?
We're running perfect A/F ratios at those boost levels (it seems really happy between 9.5 & 11.5), so wouldn't that mean that more fuel isn't needed?
Are we talking apples to apples with the cutler fuel system?

at 12.5-13 we're running 12.8-13.2 a/f on bigger climbs. (11.5-12.5k feet, 30-45deg air temps)

This isn't a rhetorical question, I don't see what I'm missing in this equation.

P

product tester

Nov 27, 2007
I have set up lots of sleds with single injectors and they run good, but when you put them aginst one with dual injectors they wont make the power.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
I have set up lots of sleds with single injectors and they run good, but when you put them aginst one with dual injectors they wont make the power.

Usually I think you do a good job explaining yourself, but this is a pretty strong NON-answer.

How do you make more power by throwing more fuel at an engine running optimal a/f ratios? Does the turbo help a motor run better fatter?

I totally understand the higher boost sleds making the power with 4 & I definitely see a 4 inj. setup being better & more consistent, I just don't get why at lower levels (unless the motor is running lean) the 4 is different than 2.
I'm not doubting that this is possible, I just don't theoretically understand how.

C
Nov 27, 2007
South Jordan, Utah
How do you make more power by throwing more fuel at an engine running optimal a/f ratios?

What is optimal?? Is this the A/F that makes the most power or the A/F that you were told to run at?? I know Shain has told me that the 1000's like to run a little richer, and make the best power when running in the high 11's to low 12's. Shain, correct me if I am wrong.

Also, better fuel atomization has only been an important factor in engines running better, so maybe the dual injector does a better job.

Not really sure, just throwing out some ideas.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
What is optimal?? Is this the A/F that makes the most power or the A/F that you were told to run at?? I know Shain has told me that the 1000's like to run a little richer, and make the best power when running in the high 11's to low 12's. Shain, correct me if I am wrong.

Also, better fuel atomization has only been an important factor in engines running better, so maybe the dual injector does a better job.

Not really sure, just throwing out some ideas.

Hey, I just do what the smart people tell me to!! My 8 almost never runs in the 11's, usually 12.5 or so. If that's the case then What Shain is saying would make sense. Maybe I should turn the box up a bit for the lower psi levels.

Premium Features