• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cardo / scala rider in da house!

S

scalarider

Nov 1, 2016
Pittrsburgh, PA
cardosystems.com
Hi all.

I just wanted to let you know that Cardo or as some of you know us, scala rider are here to follow along. If you are not aware of us, we make helmet communications systems that can be sync'd to your bluetooth devices such as phones and GPS units and are also used (quite robustly) as intercoms to talk to passengers and other sleds. One great feature of our gear is that it is 100% waterproof unlike most of our competitors units.

I digress... my point is, we're not here to just try to sell stuff to you. We intend to learn from your needs, uses and questions. We also want to try to help with issues and product features & questions.

Kevin aka "scalarider"

S

scalarider

Nov 1, 2016
Pittrsburgh, PA
cardosystems.com
How are the prices?

Thanks for the question Cerialsledder.

They range from the (QZ) that is designed to pair bluetooth devices like a phone or a GPS at $139.95 (no intercom functionality).

To the highly functional and truly intelligent group communicator (up to 15 riders) that will cover up to 5 miles (line of sight) which is the Packtalk at $329.95 for a single kit or 579.95 for a "DUO" kit.

If you like, I can go into detail about the Packtalk and it's little brother the Smartpack which both use a new technology called DMC™ which is a self-healing mesh network. Just let me know.

Kevin

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
How are the prices?
Their high end technology is NOT cheap.
BUT...
And this is no small BUT

When the system worked properly for my son and I, it was absolutely FREAKING AMAZING on the mountain.

I honestly can't tell you HOW MUCH MORE FUN it was to ride with my son and be able to talk with him in real time as we were busting through the Pow.

Being able to share your thoughts and excitements and failures was a total unexpected BLAST.

AND...
Being able to tell someone what was HIDDEN just in front of them and out of their site proved to be DAMN NEAR INVALUABLE on several occasions when my perspective was just a little different from his.

That allowed him to push it a little harder and with less reservation than he would have otherwise while IN MOTION and riding, rather than setting up for a staged event.

S

scalarider

Nov 1, 2016
Pittrsburgh, PA
cardosystems.com
Their high end technology is NOT cheap.
BUT...
And this is no small BUT

When the system worked properly for my son and I, it was absolutely FREAKING AMAZING on the mountain.

I honestly can't tell you HOW MUCH MORE FUN it was to ride with my son and be able to talk with him in real time as we were busting through the Pow.

Being able to share your thoughts and excitements and failures was a total unexpected BLAST.

AND...
Being able to tell someone what was HIDDEN just in front of them and out of their site proved to be DAMN NEAR INVALUABLE on several occasions when my perspective was just a little different from his.

That allowed him to push it a little harder and with less reservation than he would have otherwise while IN MOTION and riding, rather than setting up for a staged event.

I already know that Christopher is talking about our scala rider G9 which was the most advanced thing when we developed it but the new Dynamic Meshwork Technology is a step beyond that. This is the first genuine group communication device. PTT (push to talk) not required, full duplex conversation, the ability to mute the group and have a private chat are some of the top-level features that make this unit stand out. The design of the units themselves is elegant and functional, they are 100% waterproof too! Combined with the free iPhone or Android app they become very intuitive to use. If you choose to mount your phone in front of you, it becomes a free remote control....

Here is an overview video of DMC™:

Kev

Premium Features