• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

"SNEEK PREVIEW" Silbers M8 Turbo Kits

F

fraufarm

Nov 27, 2007
North Dakota
silber is a stand up guy, i would not be afraid to buy from him. seems very knowledgable.
and about the clutching, i know that it was like an extra 225 for the polaris kit, dont know what it will be for the cats.

A

AKkatz

Jan 9, 2008
ANCH. AK
I know it's a rookie question but how much weight does a sled gain with the kit installed (i.e air box/muffler etc. out and kit in). It retains it's oil injection right, not the "Shain way"? How do you adjust the boost level on your kit? Do you expect to see less lag with the non-existent charge tube or is that really a matter of port timing? Do customers need to send in their heads for MOD. to run Race gas level boost? Umm yep that should do for now...

S

Silber

Nov 26, 2007
Weight is undetermined as of now, within 5 pounds.
Yes you keep the oil injection, Kits come with a new tank that is mounted in the nose of the sled.
Boost adjustments are made with the boost controller, just turn the knob.
Lag is very little with this setup, but as always there is going to be some.
No engine work is needed with this setup.
Thanks
Justin

B

bradburck

Jan 13, 2008
Colorado
m1000?

So what's a kit for us i liter guys gonna cost? 3500 with clutching is what they SHOULD cost, guarantee you'll get a ton of business making them that cost effective. Keep up the good work and the competition in the market! Pray for snow!

PS- if you need some testing done in CO, I just might be able to help you out, have to check my schedule...;);)

w2bridin

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2008
nd
I like the price on this kit. Does anyone have one or seen one run yet on a m8? One of my concerns is the sled being off balance with right side being too light with the turbo mounted in the center what do you guys think?

D

dubbs

Dec 8, 2007
Calgary ab
Looks pretty cool... Wonder if there will be any bogging issues with the front dump setup? I think you should turn that into a vent and tunnel dump...

w2bridin

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2008
nd
So sounds like there is not one person on this forum that has seen one of these silber turbo kits on a m series? correct?

S

Silber

Nov 26, 2007
Your probally right, we only have a few installed as of now, we are soo busy with are polaris kits, that we havent touched an arctic cat for over a month now. They will be tested lots this winter though, before we start releasing them for shipping.

Thanks
Justin

B

bradburck

Jan 13, 2008
Colorado
testing results?

Just wondering if you've gotten much back on results wise? The 1000 crowd I'm sure would love to get a crack at a 3500$ pump gas kit with short charge tube. I know you don't advertise any on your web-page, but is it something you have on your mind? That would still be a very reasonable price for a quality kit on pump gas. Keep us updated....

M

Mcx Nytro

Nov 26, 2007
Vernon BC
Nothing on his website about it yet. Would be nice to hear the low down on it....that's if he will talk to me.I made a real rude comment:loco: earlier on this thread about 2 stroke turbos.:face-icon-small-blu..........and now I am getting one.....Crow kinda tastes like spotted owl:face-icon-small-hap

M

mynewuseddoo

May 28, 2009
Shuswap
Looks pretty cool... Wonder if there will be any bogging issues with the front dump setup? I think you should turn that into a vent and tunnel dump...

Not sure why people can be hard up on the stock exhaust exit. I run a CPC kit and have never had any issues with bogging ever, not even remotely.

Premium Features