• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Washington ORV Users..please read

S
Jul 7, 2001
Kent WA
Maybe a HSSC club meeting or the big bad Orange crew can have a trip the week before and do some of our own scouting?

I have been hiking a bit this year and there is more trash in the hike only areas than you can believe. Lets start 'documenting that"

hiker trash

Maybe a HSSC club meeting or the big bad Orange crew can have a trip the week before and do some of our own scouting?

I have been hiking a bit this year and there is more trash in the hike only areas than you can believe. Lets start 'documenting that"

thanks ivan, this is exactly what we need to do. bust these hypocritical enviros. document and take pics.

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Funny, when I explore the sledding spots over here on the east side in the summer, I would be surprised to find even 5 beer cans or pop cans in an entire day... every trip I take to the mountains I look for garbage left behind by sledders and I simply don't find any...:cool: I do however see deep ruts in the terrain at the local hiking trail, but you would never know a sled was even up there...:rolleyes::eek::mad:

Bagger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
South Central WA
This is rediculous....

My Wife and I hiked into Colchuck lake just about a month ago. This is a permit only, super protected, minimum impact allowed area. Just as green, tree hugging, enviro nazi of an area as you could find and here's what we observed:
1. You were supposed to have your permit displayed from your pack or tent yet fully one third of the folks up there did not have a permit displayed.
2. Minimum impact rules are in effect yet all around the lake there are campsites smashed into the earth.
3. The trail it'self is a huge scar leading from the over crowded trailhead parking lot right thru one of the prettiest places on the planet. I can't imagine how long it would take for that trail to dissapear if folks stopped using it today.
4. Lots of folks hiked down "Assgard Pass" and camped on the beach, even thou the ranger asked that they didn't, then they proceeded to wash clothes right in the lake and even worse they would just kick a hole in the beach take a squat and then kick a little sand/dirt over the pile they just made and walk away. Keep in mind that this is the source for Leavenworth's water.
5. I can't say I saw much trash laying around or being discarded, but then again as hard as I looked around I didn't see one single snowmobile track up a pine tree either !

I don't know why people are the way they are. Seems once they form a group they just have to go find some other group to kick the crap out of. It also seems that the collective vision of a group is way less than an individual. Instead of the collective being smarter it just reflects the loudest most passionate within it'self.

Anyway, a trip up thru the Enchantments would provide tons of photo's of damage caused by hikers and not one shred of evidence against moto's.

B

T
Feb 25, 2008
Ronald, WA
Lots of valid info posted. Thanks!! I urge you to look through the website a little more. I'm disgusted with the holier than thou attitude. I love to hike...but don't think I could make it through a hike with those folks....plus I really prefer my legs and underarms.....shaved. :D I hope someone decides to do so. I really hope they don't find what they looking for....

B
Mar 14, 2009
What we need is one of our fellow members go on the hike, bring a video camera and "document" their documenting. Fight fire with fire.

KMMAC

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2008
Mount Vernon, WA
Take video of the areas that are HIKING ONLY, by those of you who hike into those areas. Especially the areas that are water sheds... These so called progressives are nothing more than eco terrorists themselves. AND,, for those of you who vote left you are getting what you voted for!!!!!!! Sorry, but that is the truth...

Premium Features