• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Hatcher Pass Public Scoping Meeting

T

Tookes

Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage
Not sure if anyone was aware of these meetings.

Hello everybody,
One last (maybe) communication regarding Snow machining!! Thank you again for an AWESOME Season, it was our best year ever!! Yippee!!
The Non Motorized Community is attempting to Close Hatcher Pass to Motorized Traffic (specifically Snow Machining)! We need to have our voices heard … The following message was sent to me from Mike Vasser of Coca-Cola … who is a huge supporter of Snow Machining and contributes to the Grooming of “Multi-Use Trails” across South Central (please notice that all the trails we groom across the State are Multi-Use, we do NOT exclude Cross Country Skiers)! However, Once again; our Sport is under attack … and as usual the NON Motorized Sector wants all the Premium places !! Forgive me, but this is a long running battle that happens everywhere on the Planet! This group is well funded, and they have already closed many places across the State to motorized Traffic … specifically Snow machining! This battle will NEVER end but we can slow it down … This is SERIOUS!! In some places (like Washington State and Idaho) riders have to go to a park to ride … with Fences and Boundaries … like Prisoners and a conjugal visit … it borders on ridiculous, but if we don’t voice our opinions … WE”LL LOOSE!!

Craig Seibert (Gate Creek Cabins)

Subject: FW: Hatcher Pass Public Scoping Meeting

Everyone,
Please get the word out to our Snowmachine riding community................these are the next couple rounds of public meetings being held to determine the fate of State Parks listening to the cross country skiing community to close Hatchers Pass to motorized recreational area.
The larger the numbers we have in attendance the better chance we have to preserve the area being closed. If you can't make it, that's fine, but get 5 others to go this time when you can attend the next meetings.
Thanks for your time! GET THIS INFORMATION TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW WITH A SNOWMACHINE!!!

Mike Vasser

Here are the dates and times, spread the word to those that are interested
City Date Time Location
Anchorage 04/28/2009 6:30 – 9:00 PM Central Middle School of Science
1405 E Street, corner of 14th and E Street
Wasilla 04/29/2009 6:30 – 9:00 PM Central Mat‐Su Fire & EMS Station 6‐1 Training Room
101 W. Swanson Avenue, corner of Lucille Street and Swanson Ave

P

pura vida

Nov 26, 2007
you beat me too it. meant to post up this morning but got side tracked. was just getting ready to do it. thanks for the post. hopefully we can get a least the turn out we did for the first meeting.

City Date Time Location
Anchorage 04/28/2009 6:30 – 9:00 PM Central Middle School of Science
1405 E Street, corner of 14th and E Street

Wasilla 04/29/2009 6:30 – 9:00 PM Central Mat‐Su Fire & EMS Station 6‐1 Training Room
101 W. Swanson Avenue, corner of Lucille Street and Swanson Ave

pv

B
Feb 12, 2006
Eagle River
I will be there to support the protection of our playgrounds. Prevent the limitation and closure of our motorized recreation areas, starting with Hatcher Pass. I am even changing venue for Tuesday dinner for this ~ because it is that important ... and those of you who know ~ this is the only time I have cancelled in the past 14 months!!!

Be there ~ show support ~ protect motorized use

T

TEH HITMAN

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 16, 2008
SEWARD
www.fs.fed.us
I just recieved official word that hatchers pass will be closed to motorized use begining 11/15/2009.

One major factor was a skier with 26 seperate video documentations of snowmachiners poaching closed areas at hatchers in 2009.

I just recieved official word that hatchers pass will be closed to motorized use begining 11/15/2009.

One major factor was a skier with 26 seperate video documentations of snowmachiners poaching closed areas at hatchers in 2009.

Well, wheather this is truth or not (and this is going to be my first and only reply to your posts), as far as I remember, you yourself were poaching and bragging about it on this forum.... You probably don't care about Hatchers since you don't live in this area ........... but thanks a lot! :mad:

C
Jan 26, 2002
Alaska
Hitman.....I think your full of it, but hey...whatever.

Closing areas isnt the answer to poaching, we all know that. Thats stereotyping if they find a few, but blame all. What would be so hard about giving fines to the people that poach? I guess that would require our new Hatchers Pass Ranger to actually patrol the area.

God, I miss Pat.

Last edited:
P

pura vida

Nov 26, 2007
hitman is a d-bag. just looking to get a rise and a reaction out of someone. it makes him feel special. just ignore him, he's irrelevant. the best thing to do is not even acknowledge him. i know, i'm not helping, but this will be the one and only time. just trying to keep others from responding to him and keep the thread on track.

more importantly, bring your friends. the more bodies the better. you don't even have to say anything, just physically be there to show support. i will not make the anchorage meeting but will be at the wasilla one. post up tomorrow how it goes tonight. if we know some of the arguments they are using might be better prepared to counter them.

pv

Premium Features