• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

7' Wide, 18' long + 5' V Pics

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
Does anybody have any pictures of how they loaded 3 longer tracks (144+) into a 7' wide by 18' long plus 5' v trailer. I know alot of people just say load them from the front but I don't see how you would have the room without loading 1 backwards in the set-up? Here is a couple pics of how we did ours last week (first time with 3 sleds in the trailer) I want to mount our Kwik Klamp anchors but I'm unsure of another way to load these and wanted to see what others were doing.
CIMG1040.jpg

CIMG1041.jpg

Thanks!

C

chris587

Dec 24, 2007
Pierre, SD
Drive in backwards, first one passenger side, next drivers side and last one with the tunnel into the V. You'll have to slide the tunnels on the first two to the out side. It its tight, I didn't need any tiedowns!:D

B
Nov 26, 2007
From the front

I have a 18' ft box 5' v 7' wide and get 3 in easy with plenty of room. 162, 151, 141. Load form the front like someone said before. First to pass side tight against the back door. Swing the rear of that sled over close to the wall of the trailer. Repeat with the next sled on the opposite side, then the last one in the v. Put the longest sled in first or second, as the length doesn't really matter on the first two. Also works best if the sled with the narrowest ski stance goes in first. It is surprising how much more room it seems like there is in the trailer with three sleds with a narrow ski stance. I've had many different sleds in mine and never had any problems. Might be a little tight with three 162's with 48" ski stance. The stance is probably more of a big deal than the length. You shouldn't have any problem.

S
Dec 13, 2007
midwest
I just got 5 in our 24' plus 4' V 7' wide aluma trailer. 2 XP's 146's a 04 144 rmk, my 154 XP and a Assault. Had the take the skiis off the 04 700 but I got em all in there, trailer is suppose to be a 4-place.

Drove the rmk in to the V and removed the skiis, centered and as far forward as possible. Back the two XP 146's along side and staggered as needed and backed my 154 and the assault in last and staggered as needed.

-Seeder

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
Thanks for all the help guys we got the 3 Kwik Klamps mounted today. 3 Sleds: 1 REV Renegade, 1 XP renegade and 1 IQ 144 Switchback. You guys were right we can barely fit these 3 sleds in because all have the wide ski stance and the 2 Doo's have Powderhound Ski's which make them even wider!! But they are in and we even wleded in some steel supports under the anchor points to really secure them!

Premium Features