• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Trailer heat

A
Dec 8, 2007
When I decided to heat my trailer I wanted to use forced air so I could dry things off and vent the exhaust outside so I don't kill myself . Im using a Suburban 35,000 BTU heater that is mounted flat on its side. I used a 2" pvc 90 deg for the intake air and a 2" exhaust pipe from a U bend . Thats 4" duct down the side to get the warm air to the back and yes the vents are small yard drains . The front wall has a 12 hour timer for the stereo and heater so I don't forget and leave it on for a couple of days. the shelf above the thermostat is for an Ipod or MP3 player. To the left is a cheap indoor/outdoor thermometer , below I have a volume control for the ipod , 12V plug to charge phones ,120V from the shore power inlet and my 12 hour timer . Its all made on a white board for writing notes on what to bring next time and what I forgot . I'm sure that Ill change things next year but for now all I need is snow

DSC02918.jpg DSC02916.jpg DSC02914.jpg DSC02919.jpg

greeneman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 9, 2001
Fairbanks Alaska
Nice

Nice looking setup the only problem I have run into is the ceiling will frost when I turn the heat off and go riding for the day. So in turn when I come back it will drip for an hour after turning the heat back on. Have you had any trouble with that?

A
Dec 8, 2007
I get a bit of frost but not bad enough that I worry about and I try and leave one of the vents cracked a bit. I keep thinking about adding insulation but that seems like a ton of work.

A
Dec 8, 2007
A little Sony amp that pulls very little power ( it has a 6.3 amp fuse ). I have a couple that I would sell if you want one . The tank is mounted in the front of the V

DSC02920.jpg

Last edited:
J

JohnnyQuestUtah

Oct 30, 2008
Union Bench, Utah
How did you mount you propane bottle??:beer;

Heres a two bolt mount........

freak-ride012.jpg

peace out,

johnny

A
Dec 8, 2007
Mine is mounted on the inside in the "v" I know its not vented but I think that I will know if its getting to the LEL ( ill be the guy running from the snowpark) .

Premium Features