• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Trailer Hitch Flaps

chas57006

Premium Member
Dec 25, 2007
Brookings SD
I don't know what they are called but I am wondering if those flaps that you mount on your trailer hitch will stop the slop from coming up on my open trailer.

If you know what I am talking about and can give me some input I would appreciate it.

Thanks
Charlie

H
Dec 4, 2008
MN
Flaps

They help some, made my own 1X2 rec. tubbing 2 small pieces angle to mount to the reciever. I used belting for flaps. Have about $10.00 into them.

J

JSCC

Nov 26, 2004
Huntsville,Ut
They will help, but not stop it all.
I have the Rock Tamers, they work fine. If you use a homemade set, make sure you either use a heavy flap, or flap weights on the bottom to hold the flap down. Nothing like seeing light flaps flapping in the wind not doing anything but making noise.

N
Jan 15, 2009
mpls. mn
yea, like others have said, it will help but not solve the problem....

i have a home made deal i use. i got a little longer 2" receiver that has enuff room on the shank between the hitch on the truck and the ball part. it's just square tubing with an 18 wheeler flap cut in half [ the flap is very firm. it has small steel rods molded in it, like an anti-sail flap] and mounted to both sides. it works very well with heavy slop. i have to drive on a dirt road and it definitely helps keep rocks down!

i used 1-1/4 square tubing for the cross piece and a 2" id square piece about 2" wide that goes over the reciever. i had a nut welded to the 2" part, and i tighten a bolt to keep it firm. it looks like crap but works pretty good. Nate

Last edited:
Premium Features