• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Trailer Insulation ?

C

Concrete Mike

Dec 11, 2008
Cranbrook
I have an all aluminum enclosed trailer with the rivot less exterior.I insulated the sides with 1" styro cut to fit nice.My Question is, in the heat the roof skin expands way more than the frame and it is pulling the adheasive apart.
Has any one tried the spray insulation, it would hold everything together but would it do more harm than good if things can't move.

Any ideas would be great ,Thanks Mike

F
Dec 1, 2007
Black Hills, S.D.
I had my H&H cargo trailer roof sprayed 3 years ago and have had no problems. It makes the trailer stiffer, to me it seems to even pull better, not as much flexing going on in the frame. The trailer is red so it does heat up but haven't noticed any metal distortion.

Good Luck !!

B
Dec 21, 2006
Are you talking about the adhesive between the "studs" and the roof skin? Or did you use some adhesive to hold the styro in place?

B
Dec 21, 2006
I just pulled my Charmac ceiling apart. They used 1" styro there as well. I would think that your system(rivetless) requires the movement.

Premium Features