• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Info on 2005 M7 Turbo

WyoUltra

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Casper, WY
I'm looking into picking up a boondocker M7 today. It's a great buy and has has quite a bit done to it as well as the turbo. The guy said the turbo is one of the earlier editions, this is because it has an extra battery to run the auxiliary injectors. Is there anything to watch out for? Sled had a top end 200-300 miles ago, and is set at 6 lbs.

It would be my first turbo, my only concern would be how ridable it would be. I'm just worried it will kinda putt around and then hit like a train because of the turbo. It does however have a pretty all turbo on it so I don't think would be a concern.

Last edited:

manlye

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2009
The turbo M7's had a ton of electrical issues, I would stay away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spoon

Wrenching to ride is half the fun
Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
The newer 600 motor was the same bottom end as M7 and M6 so stator is a bolt in. There is a DC converter kit from Cat that will finish the install and make it plug and play.

JoeySlushr

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
LeCenter, MN
That’s great news! Thank you! I had broken off the boost line and got a new controller. Put the new controller and the darn thing won’t start unless I piggy back a trailer battery into the circuit. Talked to Derrick, I think, at Attitude and he figured a short or a weak stator. I unhooked everything and no change. So I’m either going to tie a m12 Milwaukee battery into the circuit or change stator

JoeySlushr

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
LeCenter, MN
If that’s add on stuff, no. I’m just running low boost and pump gas. Injection oil pump is oiling the turbo and I mix gas. worked great for years until that boost nipple broke off the controller

Premium Features