• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2008 m1000 shutting off when warm

W
Jan 7, 2009
Alaska
2008 m1000 has slp single pipe set up. Runs great, but sometimes when it warms up it shuts off. idle and full throttle no problem, but letting off a partial throttle will shut off. Checked OHMS in stator and checked out fine. swapped out ecu and resistor. unplugged everything in handle bars(key, kill switch, tether, throttle wires) still same. Any suggestions?

Ddub

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Stator could ohm out when warm. Seen them test fine cold but once warm nothing. The fuel line runs close to the pipe on that sled also, if you don't have it shielded somehow it could be getting to hot. I wrapped my line with heat tape.

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
Though im not saying its not the stater the symptoms your describing do not look like stater to me usually a stater will run a bit and shut down untill cooled some what or start missing you say you unhooked the saftey swith so thats out icheck all wiring for water mainly the ecu plugs and stater plug while looking at the stater plug look close and see if it looks dicolored in there and making good contact they were known to lose contact over time it causes lots of issues oe it can just my thoughts

Premium Features