• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

3" Track Will it Fit?

01ZRTCAT

Mar 12, 2010
I have a 2007 M1000, will a 3" Challenger fit without changing drivers?
If not what's the biggest 162 Track I can fit?
Thanks

01ZRTCAT

Mar 12, 2010
Would the 2.5 be a better choice?
Is the 3" that much better? Only have seat time on a 2"

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
Would the 2.5 be a better choice?

Is the 3" that much better? Only have seat time on a 2"

Totally depends.
I love the 2.5” for its versatility as a great all around Mtn track. It has lots of traction but doesn’t lose the fun factor of being able to spin when needed(around a tree well or in a tight circle)

The 3” is a traction monster. Which is a blessing and a curse sometimes. It moves snow like no other. But with that being said, it takes longer to learn how to manipulate the sled while on its side. You hit the fun flipper, and the sled wants to go straight. You have to be on your toes until you learn how the sled reacts.

I have a 3” on my Cutler 1000cc and M8T and they’re Monsters. Hard to control unless you are pointed where you wanna go. I wouldn’t change them though. It’s a game changer for when I wanna go climb with the boys.

I run 2.5” on my “closer to stock” sleds that I ride more often. Might not climb as high, but the fun factor is different. You can slide and spin, basically “play” easier than you would with the 3”.

So in reality it depends on what you want your sled to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M
Oct 4, 2015
Montana
X2^ 3 Sleds all Zuke 800HO; 2.25PC x141, great in fall & spring mountain snow, actually surprising in the deep powder; 2.6PCx153 PC, my favorite all-around track, great traction, can still spin it around, but need skis with extra keel for the tracks push; 3.0 PC x153, super traction in combination with a QSL RTS, but as stated above it has gotten me in trouble especially at crawling speeds in mixed snow conditions, like climbing in powder & encountering hard drifts on off-camber turns, the 3" (especially your torque driver 1000 with front-end weight) wants to send me straight!:juggle:

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Reeb nailed it. its my belief that this is why a lot of polaris riders prefer the 2.6 over the 3. and the 2.4 before that. easier to change directions and hold balance on a sidehill when your motor is spooled up. takes a while to learn to "tractor" around on the 3. basically more wrong foot forward and walking it along with less track spin. once you learn it tho, man the 3" is worth it on the big climbs! less fun factor following your polaris buddies in the trees, but gets it done, tradeoff totally worth it on the steep lines

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I disagree a little bit with Reeb.

On my 2013 Pro, I like the X3 WAY better than the 2.4.
Agreed on the traction monster, though.
However, narrow spindles and a slightly loose limiter... It is wicked nimble right when I want it to be.

It was easy to learn how not to over throttle it.

Man, it's fun!

01ZRTCAT

Mar 12, 2010
I had read of the traction, and harder to steer issues, I don't see them as bad, but...
This sled will see Maine and Canada Mtns Tree riding, so it seems the Challenger 2.5 or PC 2.6 is the best choice for me.

Any other M1000 upgrades, I have missed?

01ZRTCAT

Mar 12, 2010
Right now it has a SLP set up, I'm looking to see if RK Tek will still make a head, if so I would need to change clutching

Premium Features