• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Axys P1407 - P1401 Help!

J
Feb 12, 2019
Hey guys I'll try to make this as short as possible. My buddy has a 2016 Pro Rmk an hauls it on an open trailer no cover. Smashes it up a few weeks ago in the trees. Gets it fixed, an his gauge isn't working (pidd). Next time we ride he starts it in the parking lot, backs it off his trailer takes it out of reverse an it won't start. Pulling over hard, plugs soaked, put in new plugs still no start. I take it home with me, drag it inside do a comp test 120 both sides, pull the pipe off lot of gas in it, pulled the power valves out an cleaned them as they were terribly dirty for only 1200 miles on the sled. Put it all back together sled fires right up an runs great around the yard, replaced the 2 corroded relays for the gauge an got that working. First ride out throws code saying the valves aren't opening or closing properly bring it in get it refreshed they have it on the track Dyno everything checks out good. next ride same exact thing. I take it home with me again today dig a little deeper an found the relay in the wiring near the primary clutch to be corroded up also. Replace that an put dielectric grease on all the other connections as quite a few were corroded, sled pops an than wont start again, unplugged it an the sled fires up, shut it off plug it back in sled fires up an runs better. Take it up the driveway an now its throwing P1407 an P1401 Exhaust valve actuator (PWM- Converter Diagnostics). Driver circuit open/ground. So back apart we go this time digging into the wires looking for an open/ break or heavy corrosion an still no luck...any advice on where to go from here?

J
Feb 12, 2019
Already brought it in an had that done than it threw the codes again. Found the other corroded relay, replaced it which got rid of the code saying the valves are closed, now it’s throwing the 2 other codes of an open somewhere.

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
Did you ohm test the circuit that is showing open? Sometimes it helps to wiggle the wiring to find a break...

Premium Features