• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M7 wont come off idle! Boggs out

I had my stator rebuilt and put it back on and the sled runs! But it wont come off idle! As soon as you hit the throttle it boggs out and dies!! I have posted this before but I just really need some help! Maybe someone on here is a techy!! I need to know about the ignition timing sensor! Maybe someone knows someone at arctic cat dealership that I could call and have a chat with! need some help here guys! Thanks again!

P
Nov 27, 2007
Jerome, Idaho
it may be your throttle position sensor. get ahold of your local dealer they have a little black box to make sure it is working correctly and if it is timed right and if has the correct voltage at certain points in the throttle arc. Hope this helps you a little

you may also want to unbolt your ecu and look at the back to see if it has any burn spots a diode could have cooked itself.

Last edited:

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
the tors did not cause your stator to die. unhook it or replace it and your problem will probably be solved. that is what the tors, throttle override system, is designed to do, kill the motor above idle if it thinks the throttle is stuck...

hey thanks sandman! Now the tors is just the two prong plug behind that aluminum plate in the engine compartment right?? I am going to try it today see what happens! Cross fingers! The only other thing I could see was that igntion timin sensor but I dont think it would run at all if it was screwed!! and it just runs soo good on idle!! Oh yeah just another quick one too! I have an AT20 on it now but it came with a challenger should I swith it over or just use the AT??

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
when a stator burns out, you need to look for the cause, 10,000 miles vibration can do it?, but usually a short.

check stator out put at the engine with nothing else hooked up, then check out put at...............like your power valvle servo motor, should be the same.

I would gues those two numbers are not the same, you have a short in the system, need to check all the threads on this, and one common sympton is starts, idles, won't move

K soo I figured out what the prob was!! The throttle montoring switch behind that aluminum plate is at fault! If I plug it in the sled runs but wont come off idle!! As soon as I unplug it it has all the revs back spins the track everything!! So weird!! How do i replace that switch and where should I look into getting one from??

Premium Features